Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision Avant 28 VCR & Apple TV - Decoder socket?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

MiguelC
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
MiguelC Posted: Thu, Nov 17 2016 12:31 PM

Hello,

I'm still struggling to get away of my old fully functional B&O devices and want to connect them to modern tech. After reading several threads here I bought an Apple TV 3G to connect to my Avant 28 VCR. I managed to connect w/o problems through the Camcord socket on the top right side, but would rather prefer to connect through the Decoder rear 21pin socket, BUT, I cannot program it on the menu!

From the manuals and other threads here, I guess I should see the following info on SOURCE:

AV      DECODER

CDV   AV2

but I only get to see the first option. What am I missing?

Thank you

Miguel

vijian
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
vijian replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 2:54 PM

I used my Apple TV with my Avant 32 RF. I connected s-video to a scart 21pin socket which plugged into the back of my TV. I pressed 'DVD; on the Beo4 to access my Apple TV

vijian
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
vijian replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 2:54 PM

I used my Apple TV with my Avant 32 RF. I connected s-video to a scart 21pin socket which plugged into the back of my TV. I pressed 'DVD; on the Beo4 to access my Apple TV

MiguelC
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
MiguelC replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 3:18 PM

I connected the Apple TV to the decoder 21pin rear socket but cannot register it on the Avant menu as the option for decoder doesn't show up! 

On the other AV socket I have the B&O DVD1 - which I can use by pressing DVD on the Beo4

My question / problem is how to register the Apple TV through the Decoder rear socket. It should appear on the 'SOURCE' menu but I can only see the 'AV' options... what am I missing?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS