Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosystem 3 and HDMI ARC Support

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

sodoi18
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
sodoi18 Posted: Thu, Jan 19 2017 3:25 PM

Does BS3 support HDMI ARC - I am hoping to connect my TV HDMI ARC enables to BS3 HDMI input - in hopes to capture the audio from the smart tv apps while I watch 4k video - I am referring to the Netflix, Amazon Prime etc apps on the TV directly

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:36 PM
I connected a Sony TV to the Beosystem and use the digital audio out as sound input for the Beosystem.

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

sodoi18
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
sodoi18 replied on Fri, Feb 3 2017 2:25 PM

DId u have to program Sony TV to add the PUC

Which AV input have you set the audio out from Sony TV

Do u get the 5.1 sound from TV when u connect via the Coaxial input in BS3 - was there a setting in your TV to make sure the sound out was set to PCM

Thanks any input is greatly appreciated. I am trying to set up and have had no luck. My TV is Samsung KS8000 and all speakers are B&O - trying to setup a 7.1 layout

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

sodoi18:

... trying to setup a 7.1 layout

SPDIF is just carrying stereo as a PCM stream.

The only way to get multichannel sound with a spdif connection is to use the encoded/compressed audio in a multichannel format like Dolby Digital or DTS and let the receiver/BSys3 decode the audio (if it can).

Forget the oldfashioned SPDIF, use HDMI.

Why not use a non-B&O receiver with preouts and with support for all new sound formats and also ARC - and connect your BeoLabs to that?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

sodoi18
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
sodoi18 replied on Fri, Feb 3 2017 3:25 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I currently have an Onkyo receiver doing the job and I thought may be the sound processing will be better if I move to BS3 MK3 - this is what I have.

If it's going to be sure downgrade when compared to ONKYO then I might not do it.

The receiver I have is - Onkyo TX-NR709 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V8KWQO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:55 PM
sodoi18:

DId u have to program Sony TV to add the PUC

Which AV input have you set the audio out from Sony TV

Do u get the 5.1 sound from TV when u connect via the Coaxial input in BS3 - was there a setting in your TV to make sure the sound out was set to PCM

Thanks any input is greatly appreciated. I am trying to set up and have had no luck. My TV is Samsung KS8000 and all speakers are B&O - trying to setup a 7.1 layout

TV on Beo 4 changes Sony screen to TV mode (you need a lintronic converter, no puc available on my Beosystem 3) and uses a audio input available (can't remember the number). It is dolby digital, need to look at menu Settings.

For controlling the TV apps I use the Sony remote, because I have been too lazy to config the Lintronic device (don't use the TV apps that much, to be honest).

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, May 9 2017 3:55 PM
Might as well get a system4. That'd be a nice upgrade for you.
OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Tue, May 9 2017 11:09 PM

I have tried to connect my TV by HDMI ARC to Bsys3,to get audio from smart tv apps,did not work.

After lot of fiddling to  integrate Bsys3 and the rest of the setup,here is how I have done:

1) TV -button on Beo4 - activates my catv stb.Lintronic ,programmed.Used to watch catv,and listen to internet radio stations provided

AV1 input assigned,connecttion HDMI from stb into Bsys3, hdmi input C

My Samsung tv has "universal remote application" setting,which will give you full control of your stb,with(nice & handy) tv remote.

So,if you do not want Lintronic,and you can live with 2 remotes,there you are.

2) DTV-button on Beo4 - used to activate tuned channels(free to air + encoded channels via Ci Cam

AV3 input assigned.Once you have channels tuned into Bsys3,you have full control with Beo4,with menu overlays etc.

Bang & Olufsen logo displayed on right bottom corner during switching on.

3) V.MEM-button on Beo4 - used to activate SOUND ONLY from tv whilst watching tv smart apps in 4K.Why this separate input assigned?

Experienced sound interference/lost whilst Bsys3 switching over form sound from the tv and internet.this way no problems.

AV2 input assigned.Connected from tv by SPDIF and SCART into Bsys3.Why both?Connected by SPDIF only,after 10 minues,sound will be lost.

Added scart ,and no more problems.

4) DVD-button on Beo4,used to drive BDP and CD players.

AV4 input assigned.BDP connected by HDMI input D, Cd player by SPDIF.

5) A.MEM-button on Beo4 - used to trigger A.AUX input on Ouverture,to drive my Beogram.

I use splitter cable,one input to drive Beogram,another one ,on rare occasions,for streaming from my smartphone,when I am lazy to switch on tv,

or mini-laptop with lot of stored music.Wireless Samsung smart view applications on both of them.

This is how I use Bsys3 with the rest of the system.May help to newbies.But,there are lot of experienced users on the forum,who can give 

plenty of suggestions for improvements.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Wed, May 10 2017 12:19 AM

By the way,can somebody explain to me: what is purpose of the cable running out of Bsys3 (type 9711) and that cable running into HDMI-A input?

There is note on the cable,to be plugged into HDMI-A.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

OldJack:

By the way,can somebody explain to me: what is purpose of the cable running out of Bsys3 (type 9711) and that cable running into HDMI-A input?

There is note on the cable,to be plugged into HDMI-A.

It is for the built-in DVB tuner - that is the way they made it 'built-in' on a BSys3 ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Wed, May 10 2017 12:30 PM

It is for the built-in DVB tuner - that is the way they made it 'built-in' on a BSys3 ;-)

MM

Thanks MM.Yes,indeed,it is´built in´ with little bit out.Whistle

rviola
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
rviola replied on Sat, May 16 2020 9:25 PM

i think no has HDMI ARC and less eARC

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS