Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Anyone still using Linkplayer? Having issues with Playlist and latest iTunes version

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 138
Bronze Member
stampfki Posted: Thu, Jun 1 2017 2:55 AM

Hi all,

Anyone?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Jun 1 2017 10:30 AM
Not I Sad

And I was a stalwart Sad

And the latest Mac OSes (now a year old) first crippled LinkPlayer 2 beta Sad

And LinkPlayer 1 Sad

The last time I tested it BMLink still worked.

I now use the new (X) App "Bang & Olufsen Music" to access via DLNA my Plex which points to my iTunes Library to play my music Indifferent

Although to be honest [:\'(] I am using the (X) App to play from Deezer ...

BeoNut since '75

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
RobN replied on Thu, Jul 27 2017 8:42 AM

Hi Elephant,

Please can you give a bit more detail on how you now source music on you Mac and play it on the B&O system? It would be really helpful to have both the hardware and software connections outlined, many thanks?

I'm still using BMlink on MacOS Sierra connected via a DACmagic (optical digital to RCA analogue) to a old BeoLink PC2 to my masterlink network. Control is via Apple Remote App on iPad on wifi controlling iTunes on the Mac. It still works well, but I know it's only a matter of time before BMlink stops working, so understanding your set-up would be really helpful, thanks.

Best,

Rob

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 29 2017 5:55 AM
Hi Rob

My primary use is streaming from Apple Music although do also have all my tracks archived in iCloud Music (annoyingly that's two separate monthly fees) with Family sharing turned on even though my wife rarely uses that.

My secondary use is what you would interested.

My media is on a MacMini and it's WD USB connected hard drive (including the iTunes library i.e. It is not on the mini's hard drive).

I access it via DLNA on my hand held devices talking to a PLEX server on the MacMini and which is pointed at the iTunes library on the external disk.

I access the PLEX movies and TV shows via the PLEX app on the Apple TV.

Which brings us to the third use: Apple TV accessing Apple Music OR the iTunes music in my hard drive.

I can distribute this music across my ML network and even my NL. Although I find casting/air playing from hand devices easier.

And finally I can also use the PLEX ATV APP to access the iTunes library via the PLEX server path !

I hope that helps.

Happy to provide screenshots of the different interfaces, configurations, and a connection diagram.

BeoNut since '75

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
RobN replied on Sat, Jul 29 2017 10:49 PM

Hi Elephant,

Many thanks, an impressive set-up with a lot of versatility. Your offer of some diagrams would be really helpful, thanks.

best,

Rob

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
RobN replied on Sat, Jul 29 2017 10:50 PM

Hi Elephant,

Many thanks, an impressive set-up with a lot of versatility. Your offer of some diagrams would be really helpful, thanks.

best,

Rob

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant,

best,

Rob

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant,

best,

Rob

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jul 30 2017 12:35 AM
Here is the overview

Let me know where you want me to zoom in for details (or redraw)

BeoNut since '75

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:08 PM

Are you able to distribute the apple tv (music) around the ML network,  eg access it from a B&O product in another room?

Alan

Stefan E
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 101
Gold Member
Stefan E replied on Thu, Mar 22 2018 8:00 PM

I have my setup like that and it´s possible to stream from the ATV and control it in from all link rooms.
So I have old beovisions that are able to use the ATV easily this way, not the best picture but good enough at least for me.

Just make shore that the videomaster get the signal as CVBS (standard video signal) via the SCART or Video in, if you only have HDMI connection you can´t transfer the video via the RF-link connection. Of cause you need to have areal cable from the mainTV to all link room TV´s. 

So if you does not want to loose resolution on the main beovision you better use a HDMI splitter and then add a HDMI to SCART converter to the extra hdmi connection you got via the splitter. Then you have full resolution on the main TV and can still distribute the signal via the RF link. 

Stefan

BS3 DVB-HD, BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

Stefan E
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 101
Gold Member
Stefan E replied on Thu, Mar 22 2018 8:02 PM

Alan, just realized that I missed that it was just the music you was intrested in.

BS3 DVB-HD, BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:27 AM
Pestria:

Are you able to distribute the apple tv (music) around the ML network, eg access it from a B&O product in another room?

Alan

In my case yes.

It is not related to linkplayer.

My ATV is associated to DVD as a source and so in a link room I select DVD and I get that audio.

What I can’t easily do is control the ATV ... you really have to be in the room with the ATV and it’s BV.

Obviously (perhaps not) you can’t have the BV doing something else at the time ... it also has to be playing the “DVD” although you can mute it Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Fri, Mar 23 2018 7:02 PM

Is that connecting via the hdmi connection into the video master?

I think I had my ATV connected as v.MEM (or similar) via HDMI to bv 8-40 - but couldnt seem to link it around the house, so instead I connected an Airport Express to aux-in on the beosound 9000 which works fine.

I have another use for the Airport Express so wouldn't mind being able to use an Apple TV instead via the video master.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Mar 24 2018 10:58 AM
Yes my ATV is connected to my BV8-40 via HDMI.

Give yours a go !

BeoNut since '75

Pestria
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Pestria replied on Sat, Apr 14 2018 7:14 AM

No joy I'm afraid.

My understanding was that you needed scart or split out the audio from the hdmi in order to distribute audio around a link system.  

Do you additional connections along those lines?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Apr 14 2018 10:41 AM
Pestria:

No joy I'm afraid.

My understanding was that you needed scart or split out the audio from the hdmi in order to distribute audio around a link system.

Do you additional connections along those lines?

No ... just hdmi.

Unfortunately in my reconfigured world I can not prove that assertion.

I believe audio hdmi distribution was enable by a firmware upgrades to the BeoVisions ... perhaps someone else can confirm ?

And of course recent software may have reversed that capability ? !

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS