Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Video doorbell with BLGW and KNX

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut Posted: Tue, Jun 27 2017 6:25 PM

Dear members,

Recently I've installed my new BLGW and connected it with my NL-products and my KNX-system for lights. What a terrific system. I created some macro's and everything works like a charm.

Now I want to purchase a video-doorbell. I've looked at brands like Ring, Doorbird and Skybell HD.

I want to integrate the doorbel in the BLGW and my KNX-system.

Do you have any experience in a video doorbell? With the Home Control on my BV, I would like to see when someone is at the door? 

Any recommendations and advice before purchasing a bell?

Thanks in advance, BeoHut

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Jun 28 2017 3:08 PM
BeoHut:

Dear members,

Recently I've installed my new BLGW and connected it with my NL-products and my KNX-system for lights. What a terrific system. I created some macro's and everything works like a charm.

Now I want to purchase a video-doorbell. I've looked at brands like Ring, Doorbird and Skybell HD.

I want to integrate the doorbel in the BLGW and my KNX-system.

Do you have any experience in a video doorbell? With the Home Control on my BV, I would like to see when someone is at the door?

Any recommendations and advice before purchasing a bell?

Thanks in advance, BeoHut

I use DoorBird.

It's great.

Auto populates on the screen on the NLTV if you want

And runs totally independently through its own app.

We used the built in version and have been very happy with it.

You can use motion and/or the doorbell press as a trigger for any action on the BLGW.

I use doorbell press as a trigger to turn on home control and this I see the person on my television, if active.

DoorBird gets my vote.

The only down side is it's quite expensive.
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Jun 28 2017 3:10 PM
DUPLICATE
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 9:50 PM
Looking at the same, doorbird. I have no room so it will be not the build in version, which is a lot nicer.

If it runs through its own app you do not need to log in on the BLGW but it only triggers an action if you want?

Can I at least have a picture through the doorbird on my webbrowser of the BLGW app? Please can anyone confirm, I have emailed beocare but I do not seem to get any answers.

So I cannot talk into the the BLGW app or open a door, it is all being done by the doorbird app?

Pff it is getting more annoying by the day, still no camera”s on the webbrowser, on the ML side it is pretty thin the app is not really nice and for the core”s I use the white beolink app, much easier.

Today I integrated my camera’s on an Amazon spot, I just ask Alexa show camera driveway and pop I have a picture, really nice. I am thinking of breaking up some walls and build in some echo show in the walls, you can ask anything and have a picture with it as well. The downside of being such a big thing is gone when you put it in the wallCool.

Chucky

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 2:50 PM
chucky:

Looking at the same, doorbird. I have no room so it will be not the build in version, which is a lot nicer.

If it runs through its own app you do not need to log in on the BLGW but it only triggers an action if you want?

That’s right. I use the motion trigger to send the home control command and show the camera on screen on my televisions.

Can I at least have a picture through the doorbird on my webbrowser of the BLGW app? Please can anyone confirm, I have emailed beocare but I do not seem to get any answers.

Yes... that’s no problem. Do it every day.

So I cannot talk into the the BLGW app or open a door, it is all being done by the doorbird app?

Correct. Must use DoorBird to talk

You can use blgw to trigger the door open assuming your lock is compatible.

Pff it is getting more annoying by the day, still no camera”s on the webbrowser, on the ML side it is pretty thin the app is not really nice and for the core”s I use the white beolink app, much easier.

Today I integrated my camera’s on an Amazon spot, I just ask Alexa show camera driveway and pop I have a picture, really nice. I am thinking of breaking up some walls and build in some echo show in the walls, you can ask anything and have a picture with it as well. The downside of being such a big thing is gone when you put it in the wall .

Chucky

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 4:59 PM
Tx mjmedlo! The dealbreaker was the camera on the webbrowser, glad it works, I will give it a go.
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Thu, Aug 2 2018 6:04 AM
Ok ordered it, now I want my Jacob Jensen doorbell in as well.

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Jacob-Jensen-Doorbell-Ii-4223312.html

I have a Vera system, basicly a raspberry pi with a bad interface and a rftrx connected to it to run RF signals through my BLGW. This gives me more flexiblity on any products through the BLGW.

I cannot detect any frequentie on the Jacob Jensen has anyone got an idea on which frequentie it runs or better which do I need to activate to detect the signal? I have tried but I can only power up the lights by the neighbours Wink on 433Mhz with auto detection

http://www.rfxcom.com/WebRoot/StoreNL2/Shops/78165469/MediaGallery/Downloads/RFXtrx_User_Guide.pdf

Idea is to trigger the doorbell in parallel with the doorbird which comes... Today!Big Smile

Thanks for your replies I really love the design of Jacob Jensen, so early days.

Chucky

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Thu, Aug 2 2018 9:16 PM
For the records on Doorbird use the following streams

rtsp://user:pass@192.168.1.X/mpeg/media.amp

http://192.168.1.x/bha-api/image.cgi

http://192.168.1.x/bha-api/video.cgi

On the webbrowser it works.... sort of

They should really sort this at Streur, I have a touchscreen full HD showing the best picture ever, even VLC streams flawlessly for, yes, free. Playing anything you through at it. The doorbird it self is really a great product, it shows on my recorder of Hikvision, plays through the app I 4500 on phone and tablet together with my other camera's.

Hope it helps people to integrate there camera's
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Aug 6 2018 9:32 PM
mjmedlo:

I use doorbell press as a trigger to turn on home control and this I see the person on my television, if active.

I will be installing the modular door bird system at the gates...

I want the same to happen - trigger to turn on home control on NL tv if active. How does the BLGW recognise if any TV’s are active?...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Mon, Aug 6 2018 11:07 PM
Got the same problem Kiran, I do not need picture but wanted to activate bs cores through the house, but how do I get them on the same station after a buzz or a song, it will be annoying.

On ML system you can program A VLC on an Apple tv, tested it and it works however takes to much time.

I have setup my camera”s with alexa through monocle skill. it means you can have a picture in every room with a Alexa spot. I am not ready to let it pop up when the door rings however if I ask alexa show driveway or backyard 1 /2/3 etc poef there she shows it on the spot.Big Smile

Grappig hoor

Chucky
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 7:59 AM
Where’s mjmedlo?...

I’ve not heard from him in aaaages...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Aug 10 2018 9:08 PM
Kiran:

Where’s mjmedlo?...

I’ve not heard from him in aaaages... Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Good day good day...
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Aug 10 2018 9:09 PM
Kiran:

I will be installing the modular door bird system at the gates...

I want the same to happen - trigger to turn on home control on NL tv if active. How does the BLGW recognise if any TV’s are active?... Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Doesn’t make any difference ... you send the home control to everything ... if no product is live then nothing happens... for every panel that is turned on... you’ll get the DoorBird video feed.
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:24 PM
mjmedlo:

Doesn’t make any difference ... you send the home control to everything ... if no product is live then nothing happens... for every panel that is turned on... you’ll get the DoorBird video feed.

Hi mjmedlo

Not spoke in a long time. I hope you are well...

The above makes sense a little.

I have not installed the door bird system yet.

I will be knocking on your door when I’m having problems lol... 👍🏻👍🏻

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sun, Aug 12 2018 9:46 PM
Kiran:

Hi mjmedlo

Not spoke in a long time. I hope you are well...

The above makes sense a little.

I have not installed the door bird system yet.

I will be knocking on your door when I’m having problems lol... 👍🏻👍🏻 Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

In this particular case... ring the doorbell

Big Smile
1Home
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
1Home replied on Tue, Feb 25 2020 2:35 PM

Amazon Ring Video Doorbell is a great way to upgrade your smart home and gain control over who’s at your driveway. Add it to your Loxone, Gira or KNX smart home by integrating a smart assistant platform (Amazon Alexa or Google Home).

https://www.1home.io/blog/amazon-ring-video-doorbell-integrate-loxone-or-knx/

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 2:05 PM

If 2N works use that, on every home automation project we have done Doorbird has been ripped out.

It is just not configurable enough and the app is no where near as good as Ring IMHO.

huwtec
Not Ranked
Wales
Posts 20
Silver Member
huwtec replied on Sun, May 24 2020 11:53 AM
Hi chucky

I am trying to connect the DoorBird camera to my BLGW and I have used the streams you posted above but I have a “Error Loading Camera” message on the webpanel. I have included a picture of what I have entered below, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Huw

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Thu, Jun 18 2020 8:26 PM

Hello,

I'm in the same situation as BeoHut with BLI and KNX -  but have invested in a Dahua Doorbell (VHT2000 xx) which is unstable and cannot integrate to KNX or BLI, so now im considering to replace it with DoorBird.

Quistion. I get it, that you can have the DoorBird to trigger my BLI (and hereby my KNX system too) - but can you also have the BLI to trigger the DoorBird (opposite direction) e.g. to Open the Door via the BLI app?  with my Dahua i can open the door via the iphone app.

/Jens

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Aug 16 2020 1:35 PM

Try Using this stream

rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@192.168.1.9/mpeg/media.amp

I have IP 192.168.1.9 but you need to take yours

Install VLC it is free so you can check your stream

On the BLI it is easier, it discovers onvif

I use a IIyama touch screen in the hall as soon as someone rings I pick up the screen and fire a Hue plug to start the screen for 2 minutes

In the living I get the picture on my BS4 / LG77 no idea what I programmed?

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi all

I am considering a door bird for my front door, not to unlock it as the hardware is not installed mainly just for a doorbell and view when someone knows on the door.

The BLI is in essential mode so does the doorbird support auto find on ONVIF?

I see there is one on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124252498813

Would this thing work standalone and give the announcement on the home control screen when movement is detected ?

Is this able to work standalone?

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS