Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1102 Lid doesn't stay up

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

andre
Not Ranked
cape town
Posts 8
Bronze Member
andre Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2012 11:25 PM

Hello All

I have a customer's 1102 here with a lid/cover which doesn't stay up. It doesn't look if anything is broken.

What I see is a 4mm gap between the leading rear lid edge and the brown plastic? rear panel which houses the lid spring.

I can see the spring if the lid is raised and it looks like a shallow "V" across the deck's width. I can see the ends of the "V" and each end is still clipped in position.

The lid moves freely but the spring referred to above - the apex of the "V" disappears into and behind the cover plate.

I'm a bit worried to disassemble to see how things work incase something goes "boinnnggg!! when the screws are undone. All screws on the back panel are still there.

Can I please ask how to fix this problem? Is thyere supposed to be such a gap between the lid's rear edge and the rear panel?

Thanks

dauphine

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:49 PM

Hi Dauphine,

welcome to Beoworld.  If you upgrade membership to Silver or Gold you have access to all user and service manuals.  I haven't got one of these decks so can't say about the 4mm gap.  The spring is one length of spring wire with an upturn at each end to engage with the lid.  The centre of the spring has a three sided box bent downwards which sits in a 'friction piece and holder'.

There are two small square plates on the back with a screw in each one at each end and one round one in the middle.  The middle one is where the friction piece is.  As I say, I haven't got one but would guess that the tension on this screw may help govern the force on the lid movement.  If you remove all three screws, the assembly should come off and looking at the manual, it isn't complicated.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS