Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3400 dustcover interchangability?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Puddintane
Not Ranked
USA
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Puddintane Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2012 3:43 AM

Hi all. I"m a total Beophyte, at least insofar as I've only recently acquired my first B&O product. I've been familiar with, and admired them, for many years. But my first B&O is a Beogram 3400 turntable, which, judging from what I've read here, suffers from the all-too-common broken dustcover hinge syndrome!. The right rear portion is broken off (and missing). And in my eagerness to examine it more closely, I made the dumb mistake of taking off the wrong set of screws first! Yes, that strange little piece of miniature, angle-iron-like metal fell out. And like Humpty Dumpty, I don't know if it can ever be put back together again.

So I'm hoping on all the vast store of B&O knowledge here to help me figure out which other models have the same style dustcover, and which of those might be interchangeable with my 3400. Any an all help is much appreciated.

Also, which forum would be best for posting questions about the 3400 and also a Beogram 1900? Btw, I am in the USA.

Thanks in advance.

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Hello and welcome to Beoworld. The Beogram 3400 dustcover is interchangable with almost any dustcover of the period. Check the Beoworld products pages - every Beogram of the same design as the 3400 is almost identical.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:41 AM

The sloping type dustcovers are identical through the whole range (2200-2400 etc.).
The square ones are not (1100-1500-1700-1900 etc.).
There are two different heights of dustcovers, the higest ones are found on the older models.

Yes, it can be put together but fix the broken part first or find a replacement cover.

Martin

Puddintane
Not Ranked
USA
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info Martin. Are you saying that there are two different heights in the sloped-type dustcovers? If I were to look for one on eBay or elsewhere, would it matter which height I get? Can I just swap in the plastic part of the cover (of either height) without needing the entire back plate/hinge part too?

As to fixing mine, there's a piece of plastic on the hinge that's broken off and it's missing. It's the part that wraps back around and holds the tension wire/spring part in place at the right rear. So the best I'd ever get out of it is a plastic cover to set on top of the unit. I'm pretty sure it won't hold the tension-wire/spring in place.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS