Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What antena to plug to the BEOCENTER 7000

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 Posted: Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:56 PM

Hello,  what is the best antenna to plug to the Beocenter 7000 ? Right now I have common antena (from outside areal) , but I think that BEO should catch some more stations in FM range ? I test it in Belgium with just a piece of antena and it workhs perfect , now I have proper antena pluged in and I can't find some radio stations that I have find it on my clokradio :)..Thanks for suggestions. Wish you all nice weekend Lets have a Party !!!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 5:08 PM

If you have a cable connected to the wall socket of the central antenna of the building, ensure you are not trying to listen to the TV signal Smile The wall panel may have two sockets, but they aren't necessarily identical (and the cover plate may be installed upside down, swapping the markings of TV and radio around!).

See also:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/wikis/aerial/aerial-faq.aspx

--mika

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:44 PM

Thank you Mika...great tutorial..Since I receive a few stations in stereo mode, i think that i plug to the right hole. Well I will try to find a FM antena and to see what happend if I plug my own FM antena. Tutorial about antenas is great - THANK YOU ! Yes - thumbs up

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:53 PM

Do you have cable TV by chance? If you have cable service, they might only deliver a selected subset of the radio channels that are receivable in your area (for technical reasons, they are then usually also on different frequencies from the ones that are used off-the-air).

By all means also try a separate antenna instead of the central solutions - B&O receivers are generally quite sensitive, and you might get more stations that way.

--mika

mido5263
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
mido5263 replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:05 PM

Yes that is the case for shure...cable TV. I will try to find possible original antena somwhere or I will mount my own FM (not original one) . Will report about sucess..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS