Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Shape

rated by 0 users
This post has 129 Replies | 4 Followers

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Fri, May 31 2019 5:50 PM
Hi

I really wonder where the Shape stands relatively to the BV/TV position in the room, and to the couch also Unsure

Is the Shape in your back ?
SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
SteveCuz replied on Fri, May 31 2019 6:08 PM

Are you asking about my potential setup?

The shape would be on the wall behind the TV but would be offset slightly to the left. I know this wouldn't be ideal but I'm not trying to create a home cinema experience (I have that in another room) I just think it would be a shame to have the Shape on my wall and use the standard TV speakers or setup another soundbar etc.

There is a chance it might not work I guess if the sound stage is focused to the left of the picture but at least I know I can connect it and if I'm not happy then I'll use it for audio only

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Fri, May 31 2019 7:32 PM

The Shape is brilliant design idea, I just wish it wasn't mixed up with the whole mono, band on a wall concept.

It would make for an excellent companion for a wall mounted TV, but the "locked" concept unfortunately prevents a simple implementation. 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Fri, May 31 2019 7:55 PM
SteveCuz:
Are you asking about my potential setup?

Yes, but also everyone with a TV connected to a Shape.

I understand you will face the Shape, and that’s the best position for a good sound.

I tried with a Shape in my back, and the sound wasn’t nice...
SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
SteveCuz replied on Mon, Jun 3 2019 10:19 AM

Yeah I doubt the setup will be ideal for TV but at least I know it can connect. Having the soundstage to the left of the picture will likely be very off putting and so I might have to consider some other sound option for TV. 

I have 2 other thoughts but both might sound strange.

1. Have another speaker such as a M3 or M5 somewhere to the right of the TV and when watching the TV through the core could you set it up as multi-room and might the sound be more central? I know stereo would be completely ruined and this might be a disaster.

2. designing a shape where a few hexagons that contain speakers are on another wall and cables run in the wall. Just wonder if this will really confuse the system and also then ruin the listening of music?

With option 1 the second speaker would be switched off when listening to music.

Any thoughts? I'm not really sure either of these options would be satisfactory but just trying to think outside the box a little.

The reason I am pursuing this option is that I want to use shape as an art installation first, music abilities second but this will be a daily room and rather than listening to the TV via the TV speakers I feel it would be a shame not to utilise the speakers a couple of feet away

Steve

SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

Ok scrap my questions about adding another speaker or splitting the design as I just think these would be too compromised and I'd be forcing a solution.

I will probably end up going for a sound bar type solution for the TV and I heard there is a new B&O soundbar to be launched soon so I'll keep an eye out for that (unless anyone knows more?)

Anyway just wanted to post this to get feedback and advice on design and also if you feel it would be worth going for more speakers for the price increase.

This is a very rough photoshop file of the space I will have. The wall is 4m wide with a high level window at the top. I was hoping to make the shape nice a and wide and feel like a real art installation.

But very open to feedback and alternative shape ideas that might fit my space better.

Also this first design had 4 speakers to keep cost down but with the size of the shape could go up to 8 speakers. 6 seems to be silly as the extra cost in the second amp etc would make it more cost effective to go for 8 (for £400 more) so I suppose it would be a decision between going for 4 or 8 and I'd love feedback for those that have heard the difference.

I terms of other room sizes, the distance back would be almost 6.8m so the listening position would be around 6m back from the shape. To the left is a large open plan kitchen and dining area. 

Any advice would be appreciated as I want this to be a big feature of the room.

Thanks

Steve

SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

Have my shape finally installed but I think I am having an issue with the core as I am getting some error messages and I cannot load my design. The error message is SlaveUpgradeFailed.

Anyone ever seen this?

I am not convinced that it's setup correct. I went for 6 speakers and so I feel that if it doesn't know the shape how can it work out what each speaker should do?

Looks fantastic though!!

SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

One other quick question. What is the easiest way to control the volume for line in? I have my TV connected (Samsung and SKY Q) but can't seem to find a way of changing the volume without going right into the setup within the B&O app. I thought they might be an easy way to change volume in the app but the sound just allows you to mute, adjust equalizer and adjust the default volume.

Here's a photo of the install for anyone interested

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Sep 2 2019 8:11 PM

That looks good! I like your priorities Steve: first get the B&O, worry about flooring later Smile

SteveCuz
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
SteveCuz replied on Wed, Sep 25 2019 7:26 PM

Flooring down and extension complete. Think it looks a bit better than my mock up but planned it well ;-)

Page 4 of 4 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS