Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 50 + 90 support now in beta

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
MrAndersen Posted: Mon, Nov 6 2017 8:18 PM

Hi all

We have a new beta coming out today with native support for volume control and preset selection for BeoLab 50 + 90. This functionality is available by clicking directly clicking the product in the Home view. We are also bringing better support for integrated setup where a product linked to a TV is now controlled as one item in the UI. This happens automatically if the app detects that the TV and Essence MKII or BeoSound Core are linked. The two will still be seen as separate products in the My Products view. Additionally the Home screen has seen some enhancements and the adding products has been separated from the product list in settings. Please let us know what you think in the comments below or using the in app feedback. 

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sorry for my ignorance - but, what is ‘EZ2/3‘?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

Sorry, that is Essence MKII and BeoSound Core

appear
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
appear replied on Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:32 PM

Is this the BeoRemote App? Any news on getting the version that supports BV14 in the app store? Big Smile

As a new BV14 owner that would be great. If you have a beta build I would be happy to test that out. 

Sorry for derailing the thread if this is not the remote app.

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Dear Mr Anderson, 

I do not have details how NL products works so if I’m off-reservation here, please forgive me.  However, I would like to kindly request whether you can confirm or dismiss whether there is an integration of a sub routine in NL products that requires constant “Beoportal” connection for these products to work?

I currently have at a fraction of my NL products capability - I would say £75 to 80ks worth of un-usable gear because I currently have a Internet service provider who is trying to solve a technical problem and I have a data outage. My router functions as before - just no external data combining into the house, Yet this renders 3 Essences, an A6, Avant 55 and 2 BeoSound 5 systems next to useless (get tv only).  IPad control on any of beo apps is not possible as no connection found. 

Why should that be? Why can’t a control app communicate with internal beo products whether there is or is not external data streamlining in?  Sure...fully understand that I cannot access Netradio, Netflix or other external content....but I should be able to control my considerable content library on my NAS drive without an external data requirement? Why can’t an Avant via BeoRemote 1 control content via my current router (sans external data) from my NAS? Am I missing something here? If so please, if you have any pointers, please guide me on this.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:26 PM

MrAndersen,

Now that we have a quick access to each Device information from the home page, it would be nice to have the possibility to put them in standby individually from their information page instead of going through the now playing screen "..." don't you think?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Maybe a Join button could be possible there, too!

MM

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Tue, Nov 7 2017 11:04 PM

What about the BeoSound Moment.  Is that going to see any benefit?

phult
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member
phult replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 7:54 AM

Would also love the ability to swap out the essence icons with the speakers or TV they are actually attached to. Have a home page full of little circles doesn’t look that sexy and harder to scan what is what

p

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

@appear: Yes it is close! We will open the app for BV14 shortly

@Mr. 10Percent: Dear sir. The connection is required to beoportal for an exchange of authentication keys when the product is setup. Your questions beyond the scope of this forum so please reach out through the feedback in the app or directly to me.

@mbolo01: Excellent idea. I will look into it

@Millemissen: Join is coming, the place for it is stilll under design

@andy_js: Nothing for the Moment this time around, sorry

@phult: This is coming. Stay tuned

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 12:21 PM

In my app Moment has dissappeared form the start page. Only BV11 is visible.

Moment is integrated with BV11, but it makes more sense to show Moment than BV11, I would say.....Surprise

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

@Hiort: Well it is detected as integrated and merged. Our approach to this was that you interacted with 1 product instead of 2 to keep it simple, and the main product was the TV. For Essence MKII and BeoSound Core this is pretty straight forward, for the Moment not so much. Perhaps we will look into making the Moment the "front" in this case, but we were trying to avoid these kinds of complexities. I'll take it up with the team

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@MrAndersen

Could you maybe post some comments to my new thread there:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/28374.aspx

MM

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS