Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

HIgh Sierra and BM-Link

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Morten
Not Ranked
Halden, Norway
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Morten Posted: Sat, Nov 25 2017 9:07 AM

Hello!

Still using BM-Link to control my Lab 4s connected via the old Beoport-box to my iMac. Only use now is when listening to music by the iMac. 

Anyone using BM-Link upgraded to High Sierra? Does it still work?!? 

Best,

Morten

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Nov 25 2017 9:48 AM
It has disappeared with my High Sierra upgrade.

But it is not in the “incompatible software” folder.

I still have the DMG ... I will try an install tomorrow - sorry I can’t do that now - the kids are monopolising the system.

BeoNut since '75

Morten
Not Ranked
Halden, Norway
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Morten replied on Sat, Nov 25 2017 4:42 PM

Thanks, much appreciated!!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 26 2017 2:50 AM
So I reinstalled the DMG, which worked, started* the app, pressed n.music and voila iTunes started playing.

So yes it works**

* what I had forgotten is that bmlink installs as a system service - and it may have been there since the High Sierra upgrade, but since I didn’t think to check System Preferences I can not be sure.

** works in that the UI and iTunes worked, however I was not getting sound out of my MacMini’s earphone port into the BeoPort, nor through the MacMini’s speaker — but that could have been configuration issues since I had retired my BeoPort ... however I did Airplay from the iTunes to the Apple TV and proved the sound was really there !

BeoNut since '75

Morten
Not Ranked
Halden, Norway
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Morten replied on Sun, Nov 26 2017 12:47 PM

Thank you for your help. After reading your reply, I upgraded to High Sierra, and the old, trusted BM-Link was there in the System Preferences as before, and works like a charm! No need to install or change anything! 

Thanks again! 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:54 AM
Happy to have been of assistance.

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS