Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Install and use external drivers for BLGW

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 6 Followers

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut Posted: Mon, Nov 27 2017 7:40 PM

Dear members,

I use my BLGW with my KNX-system (lights), NEST and NL-products with entirely satisfactory. I could not get without it any more.

Recently I've updated my BLGW to FW 1.5.3. and want to add a driver for my TP-Link Smart Plug (which does not load for some reason) and I want to use Open Weather. 

I have installed the Open Weather API but how do I visualise the weather on my iPad/iPhone or in the Web panel? Would be nice to see the weatherforecast and add some triggers to the BLGW.

Can anyone help me with these questions?

Kind Regard!

fedenunez
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
fedenunez replied on Tue, Nov 28 2017 5:35 PM

Hi BeoHut,

After enabling the openWeather Driver, you should add a resource with the coordinates of your location. That resource will trigger events and update the status,  that should help you on the macro programming.

The weather is not displayed on the beolink app, it is just for macro programming.

Regarding the TPLink system, which driver are you using?

Best!

Federico.-

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Tue, Nov 28 2017 10:07 PM

Thanks Frederico for your reaction and explanation.

I've configured the OpenWeather API in my system and for the address I've used the coordinates. I understand that I can use the API in a macro, for example for shades without an outside weather sensor. It's a pity that the visualisation software, like NEST, is not available. Even I can program a macro with lights, when it's cloudy outside.

Is it possible that you can give me an example for a macro, when I use the weather API?

The TP-Link driver does not load. I use version 0.1 as described in tools->advanced. I have a TP-Link smart plug type HS110. How do I use this driver?

Kind regards!

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 7:03 PM

I managed to use the Open Weather API with my BLGW in a macro.

As a test i have made a macro to switch on the lights when it's rainy outside. The lights turn off when the rain has stopped.

Now I can make some macro's for my shades (up when it rains and/or cloudy outside). The help from Fredeirco to use the API in a macro was very helpful. Thank Frederico. And this API works without placing a weather sensor outside. Great!

Now I have to find a solution for my TP-Link smart plug. Any help would be great.

Kind Regards!

fede
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
fede replied on Fri, Dec 1 2017 8:36 PM

Hi BeoHut,

Please write me an email and I will try to help you on making TPLink driver work.

Best,

Fede.-

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:42 PM

Dear frederick,

I have dent you an e-mail (PM).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind Regards!

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Tue, Feb 27 2018 7:12 PM

hi!

is there a solution? i can not link with the blgw (TP-Link Smart Plug 0.2 - external driver) 

the plug ist a hs110 (eu)

the status of the blgw is always red.

thanks

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, Mar 26 2018 6:24 PM

Hi beoandy,

There is now a solution.

The Ikatu-team made an update available for this smart plug. You have to use version 0.3 (external drivers, TP-Link Smart Plug).

It works now flawless .

I have e-mailed the Ikatu-team and they tested and programmed it for me. With this update it should work. (I use it with my mechanical Ventilation system when cooking and showering in the bathrooms. Connected it to a KNX-lightsystem which triggers the smart plug. I'm happy.

If you want any help, please ask me!

Kind regard, BeoHut

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Tue, Mar 27 2018 7:42 PM

hi beohut!

thank you! i ordered a hs110 again and will report. do you upgrade the firmware on the the hs110? (i will try it out of the box) 

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 7:40 PM

hi beohut!

the external driver for the tp-link hs110 (0,3) is working great. (firmware 1.2.5)

on, off, toggle all okay!

a litte pit strange is no resources import. (but no need of it!) and a lot of information every 10 sec. on the log page of the blgw.

next stop: the hue driver. since the new bridge update from hue the bridge goes offline every since and then.  (but i think there is more a bug in the new hur firmware side)

thanks!

beoandy

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Wed, Apr 25 2018 10:10 PM

I can also confirm smooth and fast performance of two HS110 connected to BLGW - much nicer than using native Kasa application. The only difficulty I had was to find out the IP address of the plugs and make it fixed (by settings on a router). As usual, some setup pictures (and text in Russian) are here.

driver is 0.3 and blgw is 1.2.5

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:35 PM

hi aleksei!

next step: use virtual buttons with status led. then with two additionally macros you can illustrate the current status of the tp-link. 

beoandy

Niederrheiner
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

Hello Beohut,

i`m currently struggling with the open weather API and my macros.

You described, that you hav a macro up and running. Can you send

me a Screenshot or the macro it self to understand ??

Thanks in Advance,

Manuel

Niederrheiner
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

Hello Beohut,

mail successfully received, thanks a lot :-)

Math&Beo
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Math&Beo replied on Sun, Jan 30 2022 3:40 PM

Hi Beohut,

I am trying to configure my newly acquired BLGW. In the process, I came across your posting. I am currently struggling with the open weather API and my macros.

You described that you have a macro running. Can you send me a screenshot or the macro itself to understand it?

Finally, one more question about this. in my config, the status of the open Weather API is set to "blue" = Offline. Is this a system error, or is it related to the activation of the API Key? 

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS