Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How do I press Menu 0 ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo Posted: Sun, Dec 10 2017 7:12 PM

according to Steve at Heavenly Sounds "Before first use (and after power cuts) please press MENU 0 9 GO ^ (up arrow) CD CD on a Beo4 or MENU 0 9 PLAY ^ (up arrow) CD CD on a Beolink 1000. " to get the Beolab 2000 cable working with the Apple products cable. Trouble is , I don't understand this instruction!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:58 PM
Well, you press the button marked “Menu” and then the other buttons in the instruction in that exact sequence.

Does it not work?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Simonbeo,

Sorry for any misunderstanding.  Please can you tell me if any of the buttons in this list aren't present on your Beolink 1000?  There were quite a few variations of Beolink 1000 produced over the years, some didn't have all the required buttons fitted.  Ideally, if you can please upload (or email me) a photo of your Beolink 1000 please, then I can check if different instructions are needed for your remote.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Mon, Dec 11 2017 7:51 PM

Sorry Steve, quoted the wrong bit of your instructions as I've tried all three of our Beo4s and not sure if anything is supposed to show on the display, but it doesn't!

excuse my stupidity when it comes to following instructions....

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Simonbeo,

I am sorry but the Beolab 2000 cable is out of production.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Dec 23 2017 10:38 PM

The speaker must be faulty as I've tried these instructions several times, unplugging the speaker each time. The red light does react on the pressing of Menu but no sound emerges at the end of the sequence. I'll ask my children to try it!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Simonbeo,

Did you try turning up the volume on your iPod a little higher (or other device connected to the speaker)?  Some phones will revert to the last used headphone volume when plugging in a new device to the headphone socket, instead of continuing to play at their previous level.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS