Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Amazon App For Apple TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff Posted: Mon, Dec 11 2017 1:38 AM

Well, finally, a couple of days ago my Apple TV announced that there is an app for Amazon Prime Video for the Apple TV, at long last. Downloaded it and it works, nice to have it in the Apple TV so I don't have to change to the smart TV functions to get Amazon Video, one less remote to worry about having programmed into the setup.

Not sure if it's available everywhere or just in the US though.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Mon, Dec 11 2017 5:01 AM

We’re watching episode 1 of the Grand Tour right now on the BV11 via AppleTV. Way faster and smoother than when we used TiVO.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Dec 11 2017 6:44 AM
Available in Oz and a few others.

I enrolled for the first.

It also integrates with Apple ‘s TV App

We have not discussed the TV app however it too has had a limited rollout yet I think it’s great !

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Dec 11 2017 2:53 PM

It works better than the native smart TV app on the Panasonic, I'm suspecting it's because the Panny is 5 years old, and doesn't have as much memory in the TV as the Apple TV has. The Apple TV buffers much better and more. But it's nice as I can remove the TV activity from the Harmony Remote, simplify it a bit, to watch all streaming only need the one interface on the remote.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS