Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

PUC mappings for Beoremote One BT?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

BeoET
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
BeoET Posted: Tue, Jan 23 2018 12:19 PM

Just got a new Eclipse 65 with the BeoRemote One BT. Superb TV, and a timeless - almost sculptured - setup together with the BS9000 and the BL5s !

From B&O Customer service I've got the PUC mappings to control the connected STB, Apple TV 4K and the Sony HDD/DVD (where we've stored all our home videos) that are placed in the basement. But these mappings were for the non BT version of the BeoRemote One. The mappings for the Apple TV 4K works well with the BR One BT. However, there are mappings for the STB and the Sony RDR that don't work.

Anyone that knows how to get "Menu + 1" ... "Menu + 8",  "Shift + 9" and the "Shift + Red/Green.." to work on the BT version?

Some general functions are available through the "List + source + right arrow", but it would have been useful to get the mapping functions to work as expected. (The BV5 / Beo4 controlled the STB & Sony HDD/DVD well)

BV Eclipse 65, BV5, BS Core, BL5, BL8000, BS9000, Beolit 12, A1, A2, P2, H8, H9i, H7, E8

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:07 PM

Hi BeoET,

Dont you just download the PUC-codes in the TV and use these with the connected devices?

Another question to you: Have You tried the Apple TV 4k and shot a 4K-movie yet? Does the centerchannel work (if you have a 5.1-setup with loudspeakers)?

I will receive my Eclipse 65 on sunday from my dealer and I have also bought an Apple TV 4k. I read on another thread that someone had problems with centerchannel when using the Apple TV 4k.

Best Regards
Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

BeoET
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
BeoET replied on Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:47 PM

Hi Martin, yes - when connecting a source via HDMI to the Eclipse, you select which PUC device to control the IR to that device. However, the mapping I got from B&O sustomer service was with the BeoRemote One  none-BT remote, and these mappings do not work for some functions to the Sony HDD/DVD and the settop box. For the Aplle TV 4K it works well.

We've viewed 4k HDR sources from the Apple TV 4k - looks amazing! We do not have the Eclipse in a 5.1 setup however - our BL5s are "just" extra left & right speakers (we have a 5.1.2 Atmos setup in our home theatre in the basement; Benq - Onkyo - Monitor Audio/Audio Pro). But we've set up different speaker configurations on the Eclipse; All, BL5 + centre, only BL5. Seems to work fine.

BTW Martin: I've also used the OneRemote PL switch to enable Spdif from BS9000 to the BL5s when playing CDs - works very well! Thanks for the info on that!

BV Eclipse 65, BV5, BS Core, BL5, BL8000, BS9000, Beolit 12, A1, A2, P2, H8, H9i, H7, E8

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 148
Bronze Member
kawo replied on Wed, Sep 2 2020 6:02 PM

Just connected my Sony Bly Ray player to theSound Center of the Harmonyand the PUC cable as well. Some basic functions work, but some essential as Skip to the next chapter don‘t (only fast forward).

any ideas how to solve the issue?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS