Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

A9 and TURNTABLE

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

leonardolupori
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
leonardolupori Posted: Sun, Feb 4 2018 9:25 PM

Hi everyone and thank you for your great advices 

I own a A9 limited edition  

I would like to purchase a turntable,  for a recreative use only , budget up to 300$ the less is better. My preference is for a sort vintage look turntable, wood style . to match my A9 limited edition

The idea is to play records sometimes and listen to the music on my A9. Would be great if can play in repeat the record .

I read that bluetooth is not a good option and that the turntable should be pre-amp and probably have usb connection for what I want to do .

I guess if I cannot connect the two in WI-FI  , which would be my first choice if you guys tell that will work , I would connect the  A9 speaker to the turntable via UBS . That to say that the TurnTable must be suitable for this purpose . 

Any suggestions ? what turntable shall I buy ? how shall I connect to the A9 ?

thank you all!

L.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No problem there - just connect the turntable/the output of the pre-amp to the line-in on the A9 using a simple R/L phono/cinch cable.

The A9 will turn on to that input, when it receives a signal from the turntable.

No need for wifi, bluetooth or alike.....

As for the turntable - pick what you like, but not the cheapest!

How about a pre-used B&O turntable/a BeoGram ;-)

And welcome to Beoworld.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Are you also stating that he needs a pre amp as well?  Or the A9 or the pre amp? 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

duplicate

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
MM is right on, go wired and and go B&O. A vintage B&O turntable that would meet you criteria and not be too expensive would be a Beogram 1700 or similar (automatic but doesn’t have auto repeat, I think the only B&O turntable with wood and auto repeat is the beogram 8000, 8002)

If it were me, I’d wait for a excellent condition BG1700 with a dead cartridge in the $100usd range and then ship the cart off for rebuilding for $150-200. Adequate phono preamps can be had for $50-100, (you’ll need this for phono signal equalization and amplification of the turntable to be equal to line input). Turntable sound for this dollar amount will be difficult to find with this level of style.

I’ve been playing with a nicer low latency apt-x Bluetooth transmitter from my phono preamp to various B&O Bluetooth speakers or headphones with decent results but wired is the way to go. There are turntables on the market with built in phono preamps and Bluetooth transmission but they are of only moderate quality and style.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Aussie Michael:

Are you also stating that he needs a pre amp as well?  Or the A9 or the pre amp? 

Not sure, if that question was meant as a comment to my post...

....but —— this is what I wrote:

connect the turntable/the output of the pre-amp to the line-in on the A9‘.

So yes, he needs a pre-amp (depending on the turntable he will buy).... and he already has the A9 ;-)

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

How about something like this - a BG6000 ;-)

Sure, a bit pricey, but vinyl lovers have to bleed for their hobby ;-))

And maybe a pre-amp from Steve:

https://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/pre-amp-bundle-for-bo-beogram-and-all-turntables

MM

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

Sure, a bit pricey, but vinyl lovers have to bleed for their hobby ;-))

I don’t believe we have to bleed (although bleeding purifies the soulWink) and I don’t think one needs to be a vinyl lover to occasionally enjoy playing a record or to enjoy a having a beautiful turntable out as decoration.

Here is a very cheap setup I found for a young coworker:

She uses it maybe a few times a month but mostly enjoys having records out on display and it always works when she wants to show off to her friends.
leonardolupori
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi Guys, I appreciate all of your suggestions .

I am still looking for a suggestion for a turntable possible wood-style that can do all of the above  with a budget of 300$.  (pre-amps , dust cover , 45-33 , 120v , repeat function if available )

That is budget I want to invest in perfectly functional product and do NOT spend extra on replacing or buying extra accessories .

Thank you for taking your time to answer my post

Leonardo 

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 126
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Mon, Feb 5 2018 5:57 PM

I would recommend skipping the repeat and increase the budget a small bit
- then your best option for a hassle free all in one solution is this one:

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=debutrecordmaster&cat=turntables&lang=en

Don't go for the cheaper or vintage ones, if you want something that just works.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS