Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox 5000 Mk3 loudspeakers leg fixings

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS Posted: Mon, Feb 5 2018 7:26 PM

My pair of 1960s Beovox 5000 Mk3s are edging towards the top of my ‘to do’ pile and I wonder if anyone can answer a simple question for me, please?

Mine are missing their legs - my brother in law works for a metal fabrication company and is going to make me some new ones, but does anyone know what size the screw thread is that secures the legs into the cabinet? All I’ve been able to determine is that it’s clearly not metric, as it’s bigger than M8 but smaller than M10!

Thanks very much! 

Pekka T.
Not Ranked
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Pekka T. replied on Tue, Feb 6 2018 12:39 PM

Hi

Sorry, no knowledge, but as not too many have answered with the correct information a few ideas:

Do you have a thread pitch gauge or thread comb? (to figure out how many turns per inch tpi, or rise in mm/mm)

There is also M9, which is metric. A bit rare, but it does exist, and if you are looking into the imperial world (not unknown in the furniture world) do you have any screw or bolts in UNF or UNC? I would take a 7/16" UNF screw and see how it fits (lightly by hand of course. Then there are also BA and BSW Whitworth and BSPT pipe threads etc. also used in Europe in things like faucets, window and door mechanisms etc.

Cheers,

Pekka T.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Fri, Oct 26 2018 12:58 PM

Just revisiting this thread in case the information is useful to anyone else - some detective work revealed that the threads for the Beovox 5000 Mk3 legs are 3/8 UNC.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS