Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Ouverture and DAB tuner

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Compostela
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Compostela Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2018 10:59 AM

Hi folks

I have searched for answers on this but have gone in circles. Hopefully someone can offer some thoughts.

I have a Beolab 3500 link speaker in my kitchen connected via Masterlink to an Ouverture in my lounge. The Ouverture is also linked to my BV10 and speakers in the lounger via Masterlink.

At the moment, I select Link from the List button on the Beo 4 and then I can select CD or DTV etc to listen to the lounge source in the kitchen.

I would like to add a DAB tuner to the Ouverture, connected via one of the din cables into the Aux socket. I assume that if I stand in the lounge and select A Aux, I will get DAB radio through my BV10 speakers in the lounge. But what if I want to hear the A Aux source in the kitchen? How do I get the A Aux to transmit to the Link speaker? Is that possible?

One option is to simply swap the Ouverture for a Beosound 4 so I can then simply select Link and then Radio but I have a slight nostalgic attachment to the Ouverture and am reluctant to lose it (yes, I know I could keep it and put it in another room!).

Thank you for any help.

C

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 3:26 PM

If your Beolab 3500 is at software version 3.33, then you should be able to select A.AUX on it and get the DAB sound from the Overture.  It's explained here: https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/36474/302442.aspx#302442

Look at Keith's post on 10 Jan.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 3:30 PM

It depends how much you are willing to spend on a DAB radio, but you could always buy one from here to allow full control via the B&O remote.  https://shop.oneremote.dk/en/

I have one of their older internet radios and was able to control it from other rooms, albeit using the older MCL system rather than Masterlink.

Compostela
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

Thank you both. Appreciate the help.

C

Compostela
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

In the end, I bought one of the radios from Oneremote.dk. Absolutely superb little device. Full Bluetooth, Spotify, and DAB/internet radio access. It has given my link speaker a new lease of life. Thanks for the advice. 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Apr 4 2018 9:27 AM

Great news - thanks for letting us know Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS