Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision Avant 55 mk1 screen fault

rated by 0 users
This post has 64 Replies | 3 Followers

Beouser66
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Beouser66 replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 5:52 AM

In avant and all earlier model 32<= they use samsung lcd panels and , but the panels have nothing to do with this failure

VE / mainboard is NOT a part of the lcd screen

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 7:13 AM
OlivierC:

My understanding is that all the Avant MK1, regardless of the size, might be affected by that issue, not the 55” only.

Correct?

Olivier

You’re correct but it happens mainly on the 55’s due to the lack of ventilation - the bigger ones have more space inside and give better air circulation. The heat is the problem, it kills the fragile electronics.
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:41 PM

Pat:
OlivierC:

My understanding is that all the Avant MK1, regardless of the size, might be affected by that issue, not the 55” only.

Correct?

Olivier

You’re correct but it happens mainly on the 55’s due to the lack of ventilation - the bigger ones have more space inside and give better air circulation. The heat is the problem, it kills the fragile electronics.

Mine Avant 55 is placed so we never see the backside of it. So I removed the covering plates for better ventilation. We’re now planning a new location, and if needed the plates will be back on again.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:41 PM
Double post
benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:56 PM

That sounds like a good idea and I'll do the same. I'm still waiting for mine to get fixed, talk about a long covid wait, but I'm down for the repair next week, so fingers crossed after 5 months I can finally relax again on the living room sofas! Yes - thumbs up

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

benjnz:

That sounds like a good idea and I'll do the same. I'm still waiting for mine to get fixed, talk about a long covid wait, but I'm down for the repair next week, so fingers crossed after 5 months I can finally relax again on the living room sofas! Yes - thumbs up

Did you know, that you can still use the tv for audio (if properly configured for that).....Netradio, Deezer/Spotify Connect, Join/Expand etc.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

val3rie
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
val3rie replied on Fri, Mar 26 2021 10:25 AM

After talking with a resailer who experienced this problem with other clients, he told me that the motherboard card in this tv had a default. it comes from the hdmi input, the card was kinda limited to a certain use of inputs i don't remember the extact terms...So in long term it crashed the card...he said that now the card has been fixed, and there should not have limitations

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Fri, Mar 26 2021 12:11 PM

Yeah thanks MM, I have used it occasionally when back in the living room with music on and reading books Smile Just looking forward to having the rest of it working.

sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Sun, Aug 29 2021 5:56 PM

Interesting ! I recently got artefact when changing from one source to another (not the 4K sources), I had to turn off the TV and after some time, I was able to turn it on and everyhting was fine. The problem only appear when I change video source. 

A couple days ago the TV did not display anything besides artefact... I am not under warranty (Avant 75 MK1), so I'll have to pay for a new video engine. 

Those kind of engineering problems are hard to see in production because it needs time to fails. That's not an excuse for QA, but on a pure engineering point of view, it appears more often than what we think. Lack of ventialtion and heat are never good with electronics (and people don't want fan either... :) ). 

S. 

midionutz
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
midionutz replied on Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:30 PM

Hi all 

my problem with this tv is : just black screen, i unplug it and plug back after 2/3 minutes i can see the green light for about 15/20 seconds then switches off and nothing happens , if anyone have any idea what can be it would be very helpful , thanks in advance 

midionutz
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
midionutz replied on Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:30 PM

Hi all 

my problem with this tv is : just black screen, i unplug it and plug back after 2/3 minutes i can see the green light for about 15/20 seconds then switches off and nothing happens , if anyone have any idea what can be it would be very helpful , thanks in advance 

midionutz
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi all 

my beovision 55 has also stopped working, there’s nothing just black screen, the green light on top right corner is there for a few seconds then switches off. i connected my macbook via hdmi for screen mirroring but nothing comes up on the tv screen but my laptop shows that is mirroring with beovision . if anyone had this issue or knows what can be i would appreciate any answer . thanks in advance 

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member

The screen going blank could be a DVE - digital video engine - failure. Expensive to replace unless it’s covered by warranty. I have been told it can overheat as it is in an enclosed space and I know the back of my tv gets hot even in stand by mode. Good luck in sorting it using an authorised B&O engineer.

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
Posts 119
Bronze Member
355f replied on Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:31 PM

I had this problem twice on my Avant before i gave up on a lovely TV  It seems the replacement boards dont resolve the problem and last less than the originals- I suppose a limited nuber of components are replaced and as the boards age, more problems develop

One thing for sure- no money is going into finding a solution!

Alex
Not Ranked
Essex
Posts 64
Bronze Member
Alex replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 8:30 PM

Hey guys, Appoligies for bringing up this old post again however i had my Avant 55 board replaced about 3-4 years ago and now live in anxiety should it break again, do you know if the replacement parts are of better quality?

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Antonysoc replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 10:56 PM

Mine was replaced twice as 1st replacement went wrong quite quickly - I think it was reconditioned. The second was ordered from Denmark which took a while and fortunately it’s still working. The back of the tv does get warm even during standby so I prefer to switch off fully when not in use in case the DVE gets too hot and fails. I think there is a design fault somewhere but I hope the latest DVE copes better with the heat.

midionutz
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi , can i get a link of the website where you ordered the dve ? 

thanks 

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Antonysoc replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:35 AM

Sorry, I should have explained the tv was under warranty and it was the B&O technician who ordered it and fitted it. He apologised for the delay as it was coming from Denmark but I couldn’t have done it myself or fitted it.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You can not do this repair on your own - the part needed has to be coded to the serial of the actual tv.

And that is something that only B&O/Struer respectively the official B&O Repair Center can do.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

midionutz
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
midionutz replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 11:13 AM

ah didn’t know that . i’ll go with them then 

thanks for letting me know 

cheers 

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Feb 6 2022 8:52 AM
Alex:

Hey guys, Appoligies for bringing up this old post again however i had my Avant 55 board replaced about 3-4 years ago and now live in anxiety should it break again, do you know if the replacement parts are of better quality?

Hi Alex!

I’ve had my DVE replaced, but I also fear the new one will break down sooner or later. The problem is not the quality of the replacement, the problem is the lack of ventilation. The slim design make it hot inside the TV.

When the TV is running for several hours, for example now during the Olympic, I remove the two back plates so the generated heat can be vented away. The old placement for the TV had the plates totally hidden, so there I had them always off. In this new placement the backside of the TV is visible from the kitchen, so I need them on.
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 9:05 PM
Speak of the Devil, the new DVE lasted 16 month. [:\'(]

alebouthillier
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Hi, Willie Satanek or other B&O experts:

I got an used beovision avant 55 with defective screen and got a donor motherboard from another beovision that had a crack screen.

- Will the swap of the motherboard fix the issue or do the serial number of the new tv entered in the motherboard by the service tool?

- is it the board on the right (where all the hdmi are input) or the left (where there is hdmi 6) from behind that typically need to be replaced

- What is the recomendation for active ventilation and what is the component overheating?

- The sound is working on my defective beovision but can't join a multiroom speaker system within the Bang Olufsen app. I can play other source like netmusic. Is that a normal behavior or linked with the defective motherboard?

thanks.

alebouthillier
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Hi,

I have the same issue, purple screen and got a new motherboard. Will just a swap of motherboard work or we need to change the serial number to match the system using a service tool?

is it the motherboard on the right with the hdmi 6 input or the left (from the back)that needs to be change?

which component is overheating and where should a heat sink or active ventilator be placed?

many thanks in advance.

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Antonysoc replied on Wed, Feb 16 2022 3:52 PM

Hi, I’m not an expert but the B&O technician replaced the board on the right and had to key in some details to match it up to my tv.
I switch the tv off when not in use, not just standby in case of heating issues.

Sorry, can’t help you with sound issues. Could be a different problem.

Page 2 of 2 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS