Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O Beogram 3300

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

km
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
km Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2018 4:41 PM

Hi - I'm new to B&O, and picked up a Beogram 3300 a couple of weeks ago. It was without a cartridge, and I've since picked up an MMC4 cartridge. I'm ready to go, I thought!

But, the 3300 tone arm has what appear to be connecting pins coming out, and so does the cartridge

I'm a bit in the dark and can't find anything about this - but thinking someone just ripped the old cartridge off and left the butt of it in the tonearm - can anyone advise? Am I missing a trick, or should i try to remove the pins from the tonearm in order toto remove the back bit of the old cart and replace with my new one.

I'm after advice as to how to get the MMC4 attached to the tone arm, without damaging the turntable - - can anyone help?

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
You are correct. That is the back of a cartridge. Best thing is to hold the tonearm firmly but gently with one hand and pull the broken cart out with your other hand's fingernails. Or, if need be, a small needle nose pliers or I've used a curved hemostat to pull the broken cartridge.
km
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
km replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 5:35 PM

Thanks so much, needed reassurance - I'm playing music! Thanks for the quick advice and response.

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
I find the 80’s edgy style of the whole Beosystem 3300 very enduring. I’m glad you’re getting music.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS