Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 1 - Geometry Settings

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Spatchka
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Spatchka Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:20 PM

I recently acquired a BeoVision 1 but the Geometry Settings are messed up. After spending hours changing the settings, I've made a vast improvement but still not perfect. As I understand it, each TV has different Geometry Settings but could someone with the same model TV post theirs so I have a default set to work with? I need the settings for 4:3 which I believe is Function 1.

Alternatively, if there is a way I can set the Geometry Settings back to their default manually, please let me know.

Cheers,

S

NKG70
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
NKG70 replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 4:51 PM

Hi,

Here's the default geometry settings for Beovision 1 :

H-PH : 36

H-AM : 48

V-AM : 54

V-SL : 25

V-SH : 61

V-SC : 20

EW-P : 38

EWUC : 31

EWLC : 38

EW-T : 14

H-PA : 8

BOW: 8

EHT : 38

H-CT 0

ATTENTION!! : As said in the service manual : Values for V-SL, V-SC, BOW, EHT must not be modified, others can be adjusted.

NKG70
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
NKG70 replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 9:09 AM

And here are my settings: 

H-PH : 26

H-AM : 49

V-AM : 54

V-SL : 25

V-SH : 48

V-SC : 20

EW-P : 38

EWUC : 31

EWLC : 40

EW-T : 14

H-PA : 8

BOW: 8

EHT : 38

H-CT 0

ATTENTION!! : As said in the service manual : Values for V-SL, V-SC, BOW, EHT must not be modified, others can be adjusted.

finite9
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
finite9 replied on Tue, Jan 25 2022 1:54 PM

Isn't it a bit pointless posting values?  Every set is different and will have 'worn' differently.  It would be better to describe a methodology for how to adjust a set, such as (this is just made up but you'll get the point):

1. set H-AM and V-AM to their lowest settings

2. Adjust EW-T until you get a geometrically stright vertical line

3. Adjust blah, blah, blah

You get what I mean?  Because i changed my settings to both yours listed above and it looked horrible.

And i've looked for a "methodology" and can't find one for B&O TV's, only for Sony PVM's where you change the knobs inside the set.  My Beocenter 1 seems to have all the geometry settings in software as there are no manual adjustment knobs inside the set, but it is a lot of work to do this by trial and error when you don't know what you're doing.

Having the service manual doesn't really help to indicate "how" you should change geometry

Redwill
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Redwill replied on Sat, Feb 19 2022 1:43 AM

Do you have the service manual of the Beocenter/Beovision 1 ? it will be of grat help to understand configuration options!

thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS