Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram CD 4500 smells like "burned electronics"

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

ExBeoEmployee
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
ExBeoEmployee Posted: Sun, May 13 2018 7:31 PM

Hi there Beoworld users.

I have aquired a fully functional  Beogram CD 4500 in good condition. After having used it for some time, it appears to smell like burned electronics. Everything works just fine, so I assume there are no defective components inside. I believe I have had similar experiences with a Beogram CD 3500 which is identical to the CD 4500, except for the lid. It may be due to the type of printed circuits used at the time, or it may be caused by electrolytic capacitors.

Has any other users experienced something similar to this ? ? A smell of "old" or "burned" electronics, it´s really the best way I can describe this.

Thanks !.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sun, May 13 2018 9:56 PM

If it actually smells acrid there may be something wrong, but if the smell is more like a "warm PCB fragrance" I think it would be normal. Devices like this may have been sitting unused for a while prior to sale, and the internals can well emit a smell again when they warm up. Even more so in this case, as the moving lid will also move some air through the device.

--mika

putekrigeren
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

It is part of their design to run hot.

The Beogram cd 3500/4500 are the only players I know to actually have heatsinks!
And yes-mine smelled of hot electronics too.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS