Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer Feedback

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 16 Followers

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello again,

in a similat vein, i get occasional peaks of processing that go up to 95%. what could link player be up to ?

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Scott Needham:
what could link player be up to ?

LinkPlayer downloads RSS audio and video attachments at regular interval. Could be that...

I am currently reviewing all this.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:49 PM

hi! here my feedback after some first tests:

my configuration:

beovision 9 (with all speakers) , beosound 9000, beoport on masterlink, mac mini as beomedia (control over masterlink - pc) as mediacenter, ipad, linkplayer beta 4.8

-) no mac mini standby after bv9 standby

-) after mac mini standby no netmusic, no medacenter. mac mini wake up and after 15 sec. mac mini goes to standby (same on mediacenter after mac mini standby)

-)no fast scrolling in mediacenter via masterlink (beo4)

-) beovision 9 control via ipad - no program + or program - on ipad (the comand is „go“ + up or „go + down)

-) i have connect a sat receiver via puc on beovision 9. if i want to switch to programm 113 via ipad(with the new channel menu). the beovision send „13“ to the receiver.  programm 240 is working. so maybe the digits are sending to fast

wow! linkplayer is a really fine program! 

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:53 AM

Scott Needham:
i have 2 go.

Me too, but I will probably do a hardware upgrade (depending upon what we here from Apple on Monday Laughing)

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:21 AM

elephant:
BUT still no A.MEM option - it is puzzling since CD and RADIO and AUX are present, so I assume you are not relying on any Audio Master definition, typing or connection .... hmmm .... never mind we should be back in Oz soon, and so I shall be able to do a proper test !

Back in Oz

Setting up the LinkPlayer 2.4.8

AudioMaster recognised as is the fact that it has A.MEM as an option

BUT ... still can not activate A.MEM as a source 

(could be a jet lag issue Laughing)

BeoNut since '75

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 8:16 AM

Hello,

I do have a Beomedia 1 (connected to Main room TV now and soon to a link room TV and Masterlink) and an iMac with Beoport in the link room. I would like to use BM1 for N.Radio (which is very convenient and I like the station selection more than the one from iTunes) and the iMac for N.Music with Linkremote.

Is there a way to set the link player up for this?

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 9:24 AM

elephant:

elephant:
BUT still no A.MEM option - it is puzzling since CD and RADIO and AUX are present, so I assume you are not relying on any Audio Master definition, typing or connection .... hmmm .... never mind we should be back in Oz soon, and so I shall be able to do a proper test !

Back in Oz

Setting up the LinkPlayer 2.4.8

AudioMaster recognised as is the fact that it has A.MEM as an option

BUT ... still can not activate A.MEM as a source 

(could be a jet lag issue Laughing)

I take it all back ... I think I have been mis-understanding the configuration menus Confused

(+ BV8 still has not had its System Module fixed Crying)

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Beta 4.9 is out. You can download it from the same link as before.

If fixes a BIG memory issue which cause a performance issue. The first time you launch this new version, wait 10 sec until you see the playlist reloading window.

After the first launch you won't have to wait for this 10 seconds to start listening to music.

New Feature:

Additionally, it adds a new "Status Menu" which allows you to have basic control of LinkPlayer even when you've closed the virtual remote window and you are using another application.

You enable/disable it in LinkPlayer > Preferences > DIsplay

Then, when LinkPlayer is in Standby, a red dot shows in the menu bar (near the clock).

Clicking on this dot, show the source menu (RADIO, CD, N.MUSIC, etc...)

When a source is playing, this status menu shows the source status that is always present:

When you hove the mouse over it, it changes into a mini controller:

You can play, pause, move to the next or previous track.

Clicking on the red circle, shows the source menu, where you can select another source, go to Standby or show LinkPlayer's virtual remote.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Heribert:

I do have a Beomedia 1 (connected to Main room TV now and soon to a link room TV and Masterlink) and an iMac with Beoport in the link room. I would like to use BM1 for N.Radio (which is very convenient and I like the station selection more than the one from iTunes) and the iMac for N.Music with Linkremote.

Is there a way to set the link player up for this?

Hi,

You can add any radio in iTunes (and therefore LinkPlayer) by choosing Advanced > Open Stream... in iTunes. Then you paste the radio's URL.

To achieve what you're after, you probably need to set LinkPlayer  > Preferences > General > AudioMaster = My AudioMaster is not N.MUSIC Compatible, and make sure N.RADIO = (None) in LinkPlayer > Preferences > Sources.

I am not too sure how to disable N.MUSIC on the Beomedia 1.

I think this could work but I doubt this is a really workable solution.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:
I take it all back ... I think I have been mis-understanding the configuration menus

Cool, I like problems that solves themselves!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

beoandy:
hi! here my feedback after some first tests:

Thanks, I'll look at test issues later during the week.

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:18 PM

Hi Phil,

I just downloaded 4.9 and the status bar "thing" is really nice. Thanks for that great idea.

One thing that bothers me is that Linkplayer shuts down the mainroom Audio, when closed. When I quit LinkPlayer (cmd + Q) it acts like when you press the red button on the Beo4 for long time to end all rooms. 

Perhaps you can find this. 

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:18 PM

Regarding the status bar menu:

Playing N.Radio from my BM1:  I can press "Pause", but not "Play".

Playing Radio from BS3200: Pause Button not working (would be cool if you can "mute" the radio, when Pause does not work for this source).

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Heribert:
One thing that bothers me is that Linkplayer shuts down the mainroom Audio, when closed. When I quit LinkPlayer (cmd + Q) it acts like when you press the red button on the Beo4 for long time to end all rooms. 

I introduced this bug in 4.8, but though I fixed it in 4.9... do you still have the issue in 4.9?

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:25 PM
Yes, still in 4.9

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Heribert:
I just downloaded 4.9 and the status bar "thing" is really nice. Thanks for that great idea.

Agreed; it is neat

Attached is a screenshot of me playing a tune from iTunes Artists - it is incorrectly showing the track title as the playlist title - however I don't have that title, nor is this track in any playlist 

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

I was puzzled by the latest LinkPlayer not playing my tracks ... I eventually tracked it down several problems on the path to the first problem:

1. for MUSIC, the iTunes DJ playlist - it is populated, but is not current - not even when I refresh iTunes DJ playlist and then restart LinkPlayer is it updated ... the iTunes DJ playlist is of course a special playlist that is meant to be dynamically updated by voting requests from party people's iPhones
  2. for MUSIC, LinkPlayer does not recognise the addition of a new iTunes Playlist - it requires a restart
  3. finally, the bigger and original problem ... iCloud ... for MUSIC, it can not play tracks that are matched and stored in the iCloud ... in fact it can freeze the play and GUI -- the attached is a smart list filter that allows me to access all the tracks that are physically on an iTunes library, as opposed to the ~80/20 mix I actually have 

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:
Agreed; it is neat

And it's gonna get a lot better soon ;-) I reworked the status bar yesterday.

elephant:
Attached is a screenshot of me playing a tune from iTunes Artists - it is incorrectly showing the track title as the playlist title - however I don't have that title, nor is this track in any playlist 

Yes, that is expected, when you are browsing by Artist, then the "Playlist" is the name of the artist. Same for Internal sources, if you're browsing by genre, then the Playlist will be the current genre.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:
for MUSIC, the iTunes DJ playlist - it is populated, but is not current

I had adopted a too aggressive caching policy. I think next version will work better.

elephant:
for MUSIC, LinkPlayer does not recognise the addition of a new iTunes Playlist - it requires a restart

Same here.

elephant:
finally, the bigger and original problem ... iCloud

Oh, that's gonna be more problematic, as I do not have iTunes match for now. Are you playing through "iTunes Music" or "Music"? Do these track appear in "Music?".

In iTunes, try and make a playlist with one "normal track" followed by one "matched" track. Launch LinkPlayer and wait until the playlists are reloaded. Then start the first track of this list and wait for the second to start. Does it freeze?

p.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I have found another problem, when trying to listen to radio (iTunes Radio). If I click on one station and then change to another station I get sounds from both of the stations...

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:05 AM

beoandy:

Do you mean the Mac mini doesn't go to sleep immediately, or do you mean that that LinkPlayer doesn't go to standby when turning your TV off after playing "PC"?

beoandy:
-) after mac mini standby no netmusic, no medacenter. mac mini wake up and after 15 sec. mac mini goes to standby (same on mediacenter after mac mini standby)

I'll have a look at this issue.

beoandy:

• Please quit and restart LinkPlayer.
  • On your Beo4, in front of your BV9, type PC,
  • Then press the Down arrow for a few seconds.
  • Go to Windows > Console, then press Send.

beoandy:
-) beovision 9 control via ipad - no program + or program - on ipad (the comand is „go“ + up or „go + down)

This specificity is because you're using an external STB, I suppose.

On the iPad, tap on the track display indicator, and you'll have access to the arrow pad. You can then tap GO, and then up and down.

On, just tap in the middle of the screen (to send Go), and then swipe Up or Down.

beoandy:
i have connect a sat receiver via puc on beovision 9. if i want to switch to programm 113 via ipad(with the new channel menu). the beovision send „13“ to the receiver.  programm 240 is working. so maybe the digits are sending to fast

I thought the PUC would take care of this. Will introduce the option of a delay...

p.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 11:25 AM

PhilLondon:

elephant:

Oh, that's gonna be more problematic, as I do not have iTunes match for now. Are you playing through "iTunes Music" or "Music"? Do these track appear in "Music?".

In iTunes, try and make a playlist with one "normal track" followed by one "matched" track. Launch LinkPlayer and wait until the playlists are reloaded. Then start the first track of this list and wait for the second to start. Does it freeze?

p.

Hi, thanks for the feedback to me and others.

I was testing "Music" so yes, it was happening there, and I am sure "iTunes (External)" worked, but I will construct the test you suggested, and test it against both play methods.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:

PhilLondon:

elephant:

p.

I was testing "Music" so yes, it was happening there, and I am sure "iTunes (External)" worked, but I will construct the test you suggested, and test it against both play methods.

First test ... 3 copies of the same artist singing the same song - one in the iCloud, one on my hard drive, and one a Music Video for good luck :-)

Playing with "Music", i.e. LinkPlayer's internal player :-

1. play list shows two tracks
  2. can display the first (iCloud) track's meta data, but do not get a list number, instead get "< >"
  3. can not start the track
  4. can not skip forward to the next track
  5. can skip between play lists
  6. can exit (used "PC" command) to go back to highest menu
  7. can use "Menu" to go back to the playlist ... then move down to the second (hard drive) track ... and play that
  8. could not play music video (since it did not appear in the list)

Playing with "iTunes (External) :-

1. play list shows all three tracks
  2. can display the first (iCloud) track's meta data, get a "14 - 1" track AND a track cover art (did not get the cover art in "Music" mode)
  3. can play first (iCloud), second (hard drive) and third (music video on hard drive) tracks
  4. can skip forward, can use "Menu", "PC", et cetera 
  5. playing of the video shows a cover art picture of the first frame of the music video but without movement -- mean while in the background, iTunes is playing the video with full movement

I will now repeat the test with a re-ordering of the first and second tracks and get back to you with another post !

Here is the play list I used ...

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:

PhilLondon:

elephant:

p.

Next test ... the 2 music only copies of the same artist singing the same song - one in the iCloud and one on my hard drive

Playing with "Music", i.e. LinkPlayer's internal player :-

1. play list shows two tracks
  2. can display the first (hard drive) track's meta data, get a list number of "30 - 1"
  3. can start the track, can play to end, then pauses at second track with "< >"
  4. CAN skip back to the previous track and replay it (no freezing as seen in the first test)
  5. can skip forward from 2nd play of first track to the second track, and it pauses (does not play, "< >") again
  6. can skip between play lists
  7. can use "Menu" to go back to the playlist
  8. can exit (used "PC" command) to go back to highest menu

Playing with "iTunes (External) :-

1. play list shows the two tracks (since I had removed the music video)
  2. can display the first (hard drive) and play it
  3. can play second (iCloud) track
  4. can skip back and forward between these two tracks and their playing
  5. can skip between playlists, can use "Menu", "PC", et cetera 

Here is the re-ordered play list (minus the music video)

BeoNut since '75

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:53 PM

PhilLondon:

beoandy:

Do you mean the Mac mini doesn't go to sleep immediately, or do you mean that that LinkPlayer doesn't go to standby when turning your TV off after playing "PC"?

yes, so sleep immediately. it´s okay, but maybe not normal. (mac goes sleeping after 15 minutes after non use. like in the energy settings adjusted.

beoandy:

• Please quit and restart LinkPlayer.
  • On your Beo4, in front of your BV9, type PC,
  • Then press the Down arrow for a few seconds.
  • Go to Windows > Console, then press Send.

you have mail.

beoandy:

This specificity is because you're using an external STB, I suppose.

On the iPad, tap on the track display indicator, and you'll have access to the arrow pad. You can then tap GO, and then up and down.

On, just tap in the middle of the screen (to send Go), and then swipe Up or Down.

okay! i found it. i have use the arrow pad in the ipad screen "long tab" on the ipad screen.

beoandy:
i have connect a sat receiver via puc on beovision 9. if i want to switch to programm 113 via ipad(with the new channel menu). the beovision send „13“ to the receiver.  programm 240 is working. so maybe the digits are sending to fast

I thought the PUC would take care of this. Will introduce the option of a delay...

thank you!

beoandy

p.

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i often launch linkplayer from one player and join later with a different one. when i do this, linkplayer stops what it was playing and goes back to track 1-1.

i have this behavior when starting linkplayer from a bc6-23 and then later from a bv7-40. my linkplayer source is itunes if that makes a difference.

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
I am travelling for a few days, so no daily updates.

I am still working on a few new features and have fixed a few bugs that were raised. You'll hear from me next week.

Also, I can't accept anymore UUID from now as apple limits the number of test devices I can use. But I expect linkplayer and linkremote to go out of beta by the end of June.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

LinkPlayer 2 Beta 4.10 is available for download.

- When the Mac is sleeping, it is now possible to wake it up by press N.MUSIC on your Beo4.

Not that pressing PC won't wake up the Mac, but I think this is a limitation of the Beoport,, which has never been designed to handle the PC command. So if you wish to let your Mac mini sleep, call N.MUSIC first, and then call PC if you need the full screen interface.

- At startup, I am sending an extra message to the TV that advertise LinkPlayer's MediaCenter capabilities. This should make it easier to setup "PC" on certain TV.

- Spotify's playlist now refresh in real time. All changes to playlists in Spotify are now pushed to LinkPlayer. As soon as you start "Music", you'll get the latest changes. Changes to playlists do not happen while "Music" is playing. Pressing Standby and then N.MUSIC again to see the changes.

- LinkRemote can now control Link Rooms as well. For this you need to describe your system in a new Preference > System tab. Indication is given on how to add Link rooms to the list. (Basically you need to restart LinkPlayer in "The AudioMaster is NOT N.MUSIC Compatible", then call N.MUSIC from every Link room, and then restart LinkPlayer in the mode that you normally use.

When you select sources for Link rooms, only add the sources that are local to that room. For example if you have a TV in a bedroom, than tick TV, DTV...

I'll look into the other requests that have been raised in the last few days...

Phil Jefferson
Not Ranked
France
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi Phil,

I downloaded 4.10 last night and I have a small problem with it.  It displays the loading playlists dialog but never gets past the "Loading Spotify playlists...." That dialog stays on screen and the app will not quit.  I have tried deleting the Spotify playlists (in case I have a corrupt playlist) but it still does not get past this point.  I have tried various combinations (Spotify Loaded, not loaded etc...)

Great job, félicitations.

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:48 AM

I faced a similar problem. There is no spotify account set up and entered but Linkplayer stuck in the "loading spotify playlist" popup and won´t start correctly.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:29 PM

here my feedback to 4.10

a big step forward!

-) sat receiver via puc controlled by ipad (channel menu) now work with 3 digits. 

my setup: bv9 and bs9000 (netmusic compatible) in the main room, avant 32 dvd in bedroom, bv6-22 bathroom, bl-active in the kitchen and some bl2000. all link via masterlink. (in mainroom the loudspeaker a connect to the bv9 - no loudspeaker on bs9000)

-) the new system preference tap is nice. but.... setup like you describe! (set not netmusic compatible, restart, etc. etc.)

i setup in all linkrooms no local sources! (all sources from main room!)

on linkroom avant: dtv switch on = okay, full controll

but no, audio sources! - the buttons are on the ipad but no effect. same on bv6-22 linkroom.

but, only on audio linkrooms (bl active an bl2000) all sources (audio & video) are working.

-) same problem with the spotify popup as heribert and paj (i have no spotify account)

beoandy

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:39 PM

I have just pushed Beta 4.11.

It fixes the issue when LinkPlayer gets blocked refreshing spotify's playlists.

It is also adding, like in LinkPlayer 1, the possibility to watch the Main Room's sources on your Mac using EyeTV (if your Mac is used in LinkRoom, and not as a Mediacenter). In addition, if the channels are defined for the main system in the system tab, the menu key will give access to the channel list.

If EyeTV isn't install, you can still listen to the main room sources. The channel feature is also available. Cool for radio for example. Or if you've got a BS9000, you can define 6 channels as CD1, CD2...

I forgot to mention it for Beta 4.9, but the new status menu feature has also been greatly improved.

Volume control:

It is now possible to switch from source control (up, down, play, pause) to volume control (volume up and down and mute).

Song Info:

When you click on the red circle while source is playing, you can now see the current song title and artist.

Source's Menu:

It is also possible to call the source's menu. When a source is active, click on the red circle, the click menu. Click on the red circle again, and you can see the current playlist songs or channel list (or whatever menu this source is showing). Select a new song, et voila! You can go up in the menu hierarchy as well.

All from this little status menu and without leaving your current application!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:41 PM

beoandy:
but no, audio sources! - the buttons are on the ipad but no effect. same on bv6-22 linkroom.

Did that work in a previous beta?

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:48 PM

Ed, could you send me by email your "iTunes Music Library.xml" file, it is in your "Home > Music > iTunes" folder.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:56 PM

PhilLondon:

Ed, could you send me by email your "iTunes Music Library.xml" file, it is in your "Home > Music > iTunes" folder.

sure, I will send the laptop's and the MacMini's now

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 11:05 PM

elephant:

Thanks, 

Please also give me the name of one song that is stored locally and one song that is streamed. In that way I'll be able to see how they codify this.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 11:21 PM

PhilLondon:

beoandy:

Did that work in a previous beta?

i mean i can not start a audio source in linkroom via ipad. (working in the mainroom) 4.10 is the first beta with linkroom control via ipad, i thought.  (with the beo4 in linkroom everything is okay!)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 11:50 PM

PhilLondon:

elephant:

Thanks, 

Please also give me the name of one song that is stored locally and one song that is streamed. In that way I'll be able to see how they codify this.

You've got mail that is hopefully suffice to analyse their codes - bare in mind their meta data (as revealed in the smart playlist's pull downs) seems to have many states

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Good evening,

You probably have been reminded every morning that the provisioning profile is going to expire... So here is a new one, once installed, you can un-install the old one if you get prompted again. And here is a slightly updated LinkRemote version that goes with it.

1. Download and install the new Mobile Provisioning by entering on this link on your device:

http://www.conversation-it.co.uk/Downloads/LinkRemote_Ad_Hoc.mobileprovision

2. Download and install the latest Beta version by entering this link on your device:

itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35037463/LinkRemote/LinkRemote.plist

I am back into full time employment, so things are going to be a bit slower, but I am still going through the problems that were recently raised.

p.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Hiya Philippe, several things:

1. great you are back at full time work
  2. not sure if this new provisioning opens up the window/slot for me to send you my ID -- I know you had reached the max, which is my bad for being slowly and tardy, so if not available I shall have to wait for the golden release of LinkPlayer 2 Remote
  3. I have finally (thanks partially to the wiring de-cluttering I have been doing these past two days) managed to get to test simultaneous MEDIACENTRE and DISTRIBUTION playback to happen (although I think it is confirming that I need to boost the memory on the MacMini)
  4. I think I see a minor problem on the DiSTRIBUTION to the BeoSound 4 -- its visual display shows:
  • "N.MUSIC     3"
  • Artist = "QUEEN"
  • Album = "FLASH GORDON"
  • track = "ALBUM"

so I suspect I have found a small bug i.e. "ALBUM" (I know this was perfect in LinkPlayer 1, so hopefully an easy fix)

and I can't understand what the "3" is for, unless it is part of the bug 

One more thing, it would be good to have a command/option, to combine the two outputs in some situations (e.g. party mode), so that the same track is being played on the MEDIACENTRE and on the DISTRIBUTION network -- it would be great to do this dynamically as well rather than as an option or start-up trigger

Thanks for all the hard work in the past month since the Struer visit, I hope you are getting near to being able to ship the golden code

BeoNut since '75

Page 4 of 6 (220 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS