Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer Feedback

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 16 Followers

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder
hello,

i do not have a time-synchronized device in my ml network. i count on linkplayer to keep my devices on time.

i assumed that lp sent the time on every activation. the recent switch to dst proved me wrong ; i had to close and restart lp2 to update time.

is this expected behavior ? is there any way to get time updates more frequently (on activation, daily) ?

thanks !

- scott
rjderksen
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
rjderksen replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:02 PM

Hi Elephant,

I am running OSX 10.5.8 (9L31a) which is the latest, because it will not upgrade on that machine.

Thanks.

Robert

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

rjderksen:

Hi Elephant,

I am running OSX 10.5.8 (9L31a) which is the latest, because it will not upgrade on that machine.

Thanks.

Robert

Hi Robert - thanks for your email - I have replied to it - let me know if the email arrives !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Having lent Robert a helping hand (he has replied via email that he has not had time to do some tests) I go stuck into trying to get the last version of LinkPlayer 2 Beta working in my environment.

I tried many combinations of parameters and it is still frustratingly not quite perfect:

1. the Beovision 8-40 speakers still do not activate (this you may recall was a problem that started with the upgrade last year to Lion, but Philippe had solved it, until I upgraded the TV !)
  2. And for that reason I can no longer run it in media-centre mode, and I have to use the Mac's GUI/mouse interface to fiddle with various menus to get it working
  3. But I can once again distribute music on the Master Link

Emboldened by this success and the arrival of Spotify in Australia, I decided to set up a Spotify (premium as demanded by LP2) account, and get it going under LinkPlayer.

In the end I was successful and I have been enjoying free flowing music Smile

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:06 AM

elephant:

Having lent Robert a helping hand (he has replied via email that he has not had time to do some tests) I go stuck into trying to get the last version of LinkPlayer 2 Beta working in my environment.

I tried many combinations of parameters and it is still frustratingly not quite perfect:

1. the Beovision 8-40 speakers still do not activate (this you may recall was a problem that started with the upgrade last year to Lion, but Philippe had solved it, until I upgraded the TV !)
  2. And for that reason I can no longer run it in media-centre mode, and I have to use the Mac's GUI/mouse interface to fiddle with various menus to get it working

Emboldened by this success and the arrival of Spotify in Australia, I decided to set up a Spotify (premium as demanded by LP2) account, and get it going under LinkPlayer.

Well the above all happened on Melbourne Cup Day ... I took a gamble with the set-up and I sort of had it kludgy working.

On this Friday my 8GB upgrade for the MacMini arrived -- after three install attempts there was finally a click on the final memory slot and voila: I had 8GB (at one stage only one memory "chip" was working and I thought I was going to have to settle for 4GB+1GB=5GB, not a recommended configuration)

So emboldened by that success and the happy running of Spotify I did a range of tests on Saturday morning:

• EyeTV live broadcast to the A3 - with only a 5 second delay Smile ... now we have a portable internet radio, portable music player from the music library, portable video player, AND a portable TV
  • I added more software running as a background -- iTunes, Spotify ... all happily coexisting Smile
  • This is what the memory situation now looks like (no wonder it was struggling along with its original 2GB 

Sooooo ... I then started configuring LinkPlayer 2 Beta again ... foolish lad perhaps, but for me that is/was the end game.

Now to be honest I am not wholly certain my grief started with that, because along the way there was a small Mac OSX upgrade (that seem innocuous - something about a loader, small update around 60MB I think).

But the nett effect was that I lost sound on my HDMI ... not just LinkPlayer but EVERYTHING !!! Sad

To say the least panic set in .... and no matter what I tried I could not find the right trick ... and it seemed as if switching the output source to "Beovision" just resulted in a grayed out speaker symbol and no way to adjust volumes.

Unplugging and reseting HdMI cables had no effect.  Nor did system restarts and system power offs.

Finally at 10PM I managed to effect a swift keyboard sequence which resulted in Spotify starting on the MacMini's speakers and then being flicked to HDMI ... and sound still playing Smile

So blissfuly I went to bed, but in the middle of the night I surfaced and did two hours of research on the basis that the morning might bring more woes.  I learnt all about resetting PRAM and SCM memory in case the internal saved memory settings were garbled.  And also discovered a whole sub-community of people who hack and trick their Mac HDMI systems.  All of which seemed pretty dire Ick!

When I woke up at daylight I went straight to the Beovision ... and putting it into stand-by had lost the Spotify HDMI output Angry

And again no matter what I tried I could not effect the same trick Super Angry

So then I started trying to simply run an analogue audio signal from the MacMini into AV3 and CAMERA ports in a vain attempt to have the HDMI associated with AV3 and which was defined as [PC] to work ... again no luck Crying

Finally I remembered from my night time travels and travails a discussion about using the OSX MIDI Utility to configure multiple devices.  SO I did another hour of research ... so much so my eyes are going square Geeked 

My first attempt was to define an Aggregate device ... and the speaker test showed audio going from the Beovision HDMI and the MacMini speakers - sheer bliss !!! If I had only known this way back when I upgraded to LION and first lost dual output !

However in testing I did seem to actually be able to simultaneously have both outputs working ... but at least I had HDMI sound back ... *bliss* Smile

So now some more reading to try to understand the difference between an "Aggregated"  and a "Multi-Output" device Geeked 

Hmmmm ... it seems the "Multi-Output" is more what I might need ... and quicj configure and a quick test and voila I have simultaneous audio at long last Big Smile

Below is the two MIDI Utility configurations I set-up ... the bottom one is the one that works ... soon the "Aggregate" that I had labelled "Dual Stereo" will be deleted and hopefully I will have a stable system until I fiddle again Big Smile

AGGREGATE (did not meet my needs) 

Now this is the setup that does seem to meet my need !

MULTI-OUTPUT Yes - thumbs up

Now it is time for my reward (apart from music) Beer Beer Beer

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

and it is an award well earned !

you are a beoworld explorer of the highest order. many thanks from all of us that we be able to use linkplayer to its fullest.

- scott

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:32 PM

Hi Elephant,

just wondering if you have received my email sent a few days ago?

Hope you could answer when you have some time.

Best regards

Spiros

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:25 PM

Spiros:

Hi Elephant,

Best regards

Spiros

been on the road mate - with only GMAIL access ... I will take a look later this morning !

BeoNut since '75

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:31 PM
Many thanks........ Take good care of you
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:45 PM

elephant:

Spiros:

Hi Elephant,

Best regards

Spiros

been on the road mate - with only GMAIL access ... I will take a look later this morning !

only 411 emails to sift through

don't worry, 400 will be spam, 10 FB notifies, and 1 from you Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean!!!! :))
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 5:19 AM

elephant:

only 411 emails to sift through

don't worry, 400 will be spam, 10 FB notifies, and 1 from you Big Smile

Well it was more like 100 spam, and I have replied to your email

BeoNut since '75

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 5:51 AM

And already replied!!! Seems that we were one on the night drink and the other on the morning coffee!!!

Many thanks for your support.

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 5:51 AM

And already replied!!! Seems that we were one on the night drink and the other on the morning coffee!!!

Many thanks for your support.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:31 PM

hi phil!

is there a plan for a "christmas surprise"?  Gift Whistle

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:29 PM

elephant:

elephant:

Well the above all happened on Melbourne Cup Day ... I took a gamble with the set-up and I sort of had it kludgy working.

I posted the above long thread all about how I successfully re-established a working dual audio environment (HDMI and analogue) using the MULTI-OUTPUT definitions in the Audio MIDI tool of OSZ Mountain Lion ...

I then went on one of my working stints and I was away from home for 10 days ... and on my return I discovered that somehow the system had become unworkable again Sad

I am 110% confident that none of the family would have fiddled with the settings for a host of reasons ... so I am at a loss as to what might have gone awry.

Anyway I spent one weekend trying to get the HDMI working again to no success, and last weekend I got seriously stuck into re-boot, re-seating cables, deleting definitions, adding definitions (using the process I documented above !) and all to no avail Crying

So as I just noted in another thread I have gone back to the simple interface of BM-Link and an analogue port and no media centre.

I still do not have an MacMini Audio out on my HDMI Sad but at least I have a reliable ML N.Music distribution and a hack to how I can distribute Spotify as N.Radio ...

I sincerely hope that Philippe does pick up LinkPlayer 2 beta again, and amongst other things works out how to make the HDMI connection stable, but in the mean time I just want to listen to music 

And for movies and shows I am using the iPad Apps (including Plex) to Airplay to the ATVs

So I echo the most recent post's sentiments ... Please Philippe give us a LinkPlayer Christmas present Gift

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Yes, I have returned once more to the LP 2 beta ... I thought I would give it one more last chance Laughing 

elephant:

MULTI-OUTPUT Yes - thumbs up

And so it is working using the above definition ... EXACTLY the above definition ... the other week when it was not working I had the HDMI first in the list ... seems I need to have it after after the analogue port 

I really do dislike IT when the rules seem to be based on some form of black magic rather that any intellectual logic

Anyway, whinges apart, it is all working again, and I have been operating this way since Thursday, i.e. some 3 days now

But using LinkPlayer 2 beta 4.11 for some tests to answer another forum post/query resulted in me loosing the audio again.

So my conclusion is that I can set this up, use it with BM-Link, Spotify and even Linkplayer version 1 ... but it will not work more than once with LinkPlayer 2 Ick! Crying

BeoNut since '75

zabsonWRP
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Hi maybe you will like also this http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/4284.aspx

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:15 PM

Having problems with my new Iphone 5 to get Linkremote to work. Tried the link above but it just says "Safari couldn´t install because a unknown problem".

Do you have any tips?

raveny
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
raveny replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:07 AM

Hi Phil,

the newest version is really cool. I really like the menubar controls. Thank you very much!

As someone noted before, the remote is reloading itself every 10-20 minutes. When are you planning to update Linkplayer?

Cheers.

Page 6 of 6 (220 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS