Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Actually how to control a beosystem?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

gjaky
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
gjaky Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:19 AM

Hello,

My brother collected quite a few B&O stuff and now he has a problem with controling the whole system. The system consists of a BM5500 tied to non B&O passive speakers, also has a CD50 connected to the BM, and (don't laugh) has an LX6000 TV which is NOT connected to the BM in any way, however they are in the same room, but  he has no desire to connect them together. He has a beolink 1000 and a beo4 remote, no mcp for beomaster.

The beo4 is new, he got it yesterday. First question: has the beo4 any better for the beomaster than the beolink1000? 

Here is an example to explain the controling problem: the CD is running, but  he wants to watch TV, so he pushes TV button: CD stops, BM switches to AUX and the TV turns on, -that's about right. But conversely if he watches TV, and want to switch to CD the TV doesn't turn off, however the CD stars, now if he pushes the red button on either remote the whole system turns off immediately while Shift+red button does nothing. Connecting together the BM and the TV would solve the problem? If so, is there any workaroud to not use the BM as external speaker for the TV, since the speakers are not aligned according to the TV.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:07 AM

Connecting the TV and BM should not force the TV sound to come out of the BM speakers.  The two should be connected with a 7 Pin AUDIO AUX LINK cable.  I think that you will only get TV sound out of BM if you press AV prior to pressing TV.  (Conversly you can get BM sound out of TV speakers by pressing (eg) AV then RADIO.)

Once connected, a short press of the red button should turn off the item you were last controlling, whereas a longer press turns off the whole system.

I am not sure whether you have to adjust any 'Option' settings - hopefully others will answer as I am unable to run the B&O config guide from my current location.

And in my opinion the BL1000 is better for controlling these systems than Beo4 - the AV button is useful for the reasons stated above (without having to press LIST as on Beo 4).

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:11 PM

If you want the system to behave as a system connect audio and video as Guy suggests.

Your description tells us, that your BM5500 is in A.OPT 2 and your LX in V.OPT 1. Won`t work well in one room.

If you don`t want to connect the devices via Audio Aux Link, set the BM to A.OPT 1 and LX to V.OPT 1. Now you can control both systems independantly.

If you press Standby in audiomode (RADIO, CD, TAPE...) the audiosystem will shut down. If it is in videomode (TV, SAT...) the LX will shut down. Pressing SHIFT - STANDBY ( or long Standby) will shut down audio and video.

For option setting press SOUND - 1 - STORE and PICTURE - 1 - STORE on BL1000. And yes I recommend BL1000 too.

If you got a new Beo4 (with navigation stick) it`s quite useless for the system, because it includes some commands your system don`t "understand".

Unless you set your Beo4 to the old Beo4 mode - I think it is MODE 2 - see the guide.

Recommended solution: Connect BM and LX via an Audio Aux Link cable, set BM to A.OPT 2 and LX to V.OPT 0 - classic setup - simple to control.

Stefan

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 4:55 PM

Nothing wrong with an LX6000 - superb picture and sound - just replaced mine due to a fault. The problem you outline is indeed the option settings exactly as stefan says.

Peter

gjaky
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
gjaky replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:57 PM

Thank you guys, it is working indeed!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS