Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

It was only a matter of time

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend Posted: Tue, Jun 19 2018 6:36 PM

I’m not sure how or what format this partnership will take, but if it’s done elegantly then the chance to buy a Phillips tv with B&W speakers will be very tempting.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/philips-tvs-to-get-bw-speakers-in-new-exclusive-partnership

I bet they won’t be the last either.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jun 19 2018 8:47 PM
Saw that. Interesting, and good news generally. Nice that the TV brands are engaging with audio brands, especially given how poor TV native sounds are.
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Tue, Jun 19 2018 10:38 PM

From Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksparrow/2018/06/19/bowers-wilkins-joins-forces-with-philips-licensee-to-develop-new-audio-products-for-tvs/#5e2b256b25b9

Good for them. This announcement is a response to a far better understanding of the A/V space than those who tried this before. B&W is completely stable and true to its strategy. The still sell the Zeppelin!! Philips is a conglomerate than does a lot well, but know when someone can do it better. That mindset escapes B&O. Cut out R&D and product control to improve technology? Remove content and raise prices? This isn't the government.  

You see, Tue, there will always be someone smarter, tougher, and better looking than you. They are not hard to find, unless you deny their existence. Arrogance and bluster cannot fool the big boys. After they steal your liquor and sleep with your wife, you're left with the hard reality that you just plain were outgunned. Marketing and Accounting can't fix bad product and distribution. Never will. Sleep well. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jun 19 2018 11:14 PM

poodleboy:

You see, Tue, there will always be someone smarter, tougher, and better looking than you. 

I have to say, Tue was a handsome fella! Wink  When I had a "business breakfast" with him at 7.30am he'd already been for a 5 mile run and looked like he'd been at the groomers for an hour....  So, better looking is questionable. LOL

Smarter?  Well - he had a job to do. He's McKinsey through and through - and he was there to do a job 'in my opinion' (and I quote that as this is my personal belief)

His job was to get share prices up. Much of his pay deal was linked to share price in one way or another, so that was the strategy. Why do this? So the board and major shareholders could bail out at the top, probably.. (makes sense)

B&O's share price went up, up , up....  I assume the major shareholders, including Tue, offloaded their shares whilst their 'contacts' rallied them up.

Tue has now left, the dust has settled, and the price is going down, down, down.

All stinks to me - but I'm not in the loop. I'm probably very wrong and this is all a completely innocent movement of share prices, accurately reflecting market demand and company performance.

Thumbs Up

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Wed, Jun 20 2018 11:43 AM

9 LEE:

Smarter?  Well - he had a job to do. He's McKinsey through and through - and he was there to do a job 'in my opinion' (and I quote that as this is my personal belief)

His job was to get share prices up. Much of his pay deal was linked to share price in one way or another, so that was the strategy. Why do this? So the board and major shareholders could bail out at the top, probably.. (makes sense)

B&O's share price went up, up , up....  I assume the major shareholders, including Tue, offloaded their shares whilst their 'contacts' rallied them up.

Tue has now left, the dust has settled, and the price is going down, down, down.

All stinks to me - but I'm not in the loop. I'm probably very wrong and this is all a completely innocent movement of share prices, accurately reflecting market demand and company performance.

Thumbs Up

Ah yes, all that matters is shareholder value. How American of him. So, the CFO has resigned as well. Did he take his Kroner and go home? See link. I hope Donald Trump doesn't count Chinese B&O in his electronics tariff. But, of course, I couldn't crack the riddle in the announcement. Time for football. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2018-05-28/bang-olufsen-a-s-major-shareholder-announcement

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS