Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Who to sell a broken BV7-40 mk6

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Raffaele Sgherri Posted: Fri, Sep 14 2018 11:52 PM

Hi all,

I have a BV7-40 mk6 with integrated BlueRay, perfectly working and in almost mint conditions if not for the panel that is broken. Cannot be fixed and spare parts are not available anymore.

Any idea whom may be interested to buy it as spare part? Tried couple of repair shops but are no more interested in BV7s... almost no one still have them and/or are not interested to fix them if break. 99% of those people buy a new B&O TV and trade in it for a new TV to dealers (they accept them even if broken, for a discount).

I went for a shiny new Samsung Q9FN 55 inch (got it for 1.500 EUR, new) and I'm not looking to get B&O (read: LG panels under nice cover) TVs. B&O shops would not be my path this time.

Any idea/suggestion?

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Hungedu replied on Sun, Sep 16 2018 3:49 PM

You can have a competent electrician wire in a new panel of similar size inside the BV-7. There is enough space inside it to accomodate any newer LCD panel. It does not have to be B&O. Save the TV.

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
Posts 47
Bronze Member

This is a good approach, but.. how to find a compatible panel anyhow? I can find the technical competence, but I'm assuming the signal will go to it - internally on the BV7 - not using a standard HDMI signal so some custom wiring on the switch board of the TV is required.

I think I cannot just get a 40 inch Samsung TV and fit it in.

Any seller suggested for the panel, if you trust those exists?

Panels are never from B&O, this is known.

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Hungedu replied on Sun, Sep 16 2018 5:44 PM

Maybe B&O has a wiring schematic for service centers that you may be able to get a copy of? Theoretically, you can get an inexpensive 40-inch panel out of a newer LCD television and have it modified to fit inside of the BV-7 cabinet. Once properly connected, the BeoSystem should work with is like the old panel you replaced.

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 3:41 PM

Good morning,

In the service manual section of Beoworld, there are the service manuals of BV-7 Mk III and Mk IV where wiring diagrams are shown. Basically, these TVs have a complete Beosystem 3 inside and the communication between the video processor board and the panel is done with an internal DVI (possibly HDMI for the latest versions of the TVs) connection, There is then a Panel Interface Module (PIM) board that takes the video signal from the internal DVI (or HDMI) connector and translates it to the LVDS format and sends it to the panel. The backlight signal generation and frequency doubling (if the panel operates at 100 or 120 hz) are also done by this board. 

The solution is then to find a raw panel that is compatible to the one installed in the TV. You can find the model of panel used in the service menu of the TV. These are all Samsung panels. One important point to check for the replacement panel are the power supply voltages.

I own a BV7 MkIII TV and it still works well after 11 years but I realise that I will have probably to repair it myself if problems with the panel occurs in the future. 

Good luck,

Jean

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 3:45 PM

As additional information, if you succeed in finding a compatible panel, the colors will probably have to be recalibrated by changing the values in the service menus.

Good luck,

Jean

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS