Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 4500 speaker setup, options?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

chrismiller
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
chrismiller Posted: Sat, Sep 22 2018 3:01 PM

I have a beomaster 4500 with two cd players and a bluetooth google streaming input in my new office.  Room is about 14 x 18.  Currently have it with a pair of S45.2 speakers on stands I took from a pair of S75s.  

Have two pair of the S75s, and a pair of redline RL 60.2 with wall mounts.

None have been recapped yet; have a kit to do one pair of the S75s.   I like the S45.2 sound the best so far.

I have an issue with the beomaster; it won't recognize the remote control, and I have tried programming it several times.  I purchased an MCL 2AV and am awaiting speaker wires to connect it to the 4500.  The remote works with the MCL 2AV.  I have to see if I can use the main A speaker output for the S45.2 plus the second amp to run a pair as rear speakers (if it will sound OK).  May have an issue balancing them.

Is there an advantage to having four speakers versus the two?  Anyone run the S75s with the S45.2 to add to the bass?

It is an office, so I only raise the volume when everyone else has gone home...

Likely I will end up using one pair of the S75s in the basement workout room (all concrete, long room) run off some amp or another.  Is there a way to use the MCL amp without a beomaster connected?

Chris

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Sep 22 2018 4:56 PM

I've used an MCL2AV as a 'standalone system' before.  I connected if to an MCL2P amplifier - this also has a 15V power output that can be used to power the MCL2AV.  You can then use any passive speakers and the system will be controllable with most B&O remotes. 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
chrismiller:

I have an issue with the beomaster; it won't recognize the remote control, and I have tried programming it several times.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Assume you mean that you tried programming the BM4500 to be Option 1.

What remote are you using? If it is a Beo4, has it previously been set to Link mode? In this mode only masters set to Option 4 will respond to the remote.

Lawrence
chrismiller
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Remote is a 1000.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Sep 23 2018 12:50 PM

The Beomaster could be set to A.OPT 0, where it will not respond to a remote.

To fix, with the Beomaster at standby, press SOUND 1 STORE on the remote, and see if it works then.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS