Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

'New' LC1s don't work!

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 206
Bronze Member
kokomo Posted: Fri, Mar 9 2012 2:38 PM

Just bought 2 new LC1s off eBay. They are claimed to be new and unused and studying everything I have no reason to doubt the claim. My problem is that they don't appear to work! I have several LC2s in use and have connected and operated these for some years without difficulty.

Now for the technical bit regarding connection. There are 4 connections, 2 for mains power, 2 for the lamp (same as the LC2). When I connect up the mains I find that the corresponding positive connection for the lamps is always open. I'm not sure if this is the correct description, but if I say that when I connect a mains-tester screwdriver to the positive of the lamp connection, it lights up whatever I do with my remote (Beo4) or touching the top surface of the LC1. I would expect it to go on and off as I switch the light on and off but it doesn't.

When both of the lamp wires are connected, both of these light up my mains tester, however the lamp does not illuminate no matter what I do!

I can't believe both are faulty, so can anyone please advise? BTW, I am using the correct type of bulb with these units.

Finally, a description of the LC1 on Beoworld states:-

"Each light which should be included in the light programming must have an LC2 unit (the latest device) attached to them."

I can't understand why, as the LC2 would not be available when the LC1 was introduced. What does this mean?  

Please help!

TEL
Not Ranked
Taunton, Somerset UK
Posts 51
Bronze Member
TEL replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:23 PM

I have 3 x LC1 units.  The first one I've had since 1990 and only last week the fuse went in the LC1 -and-  in the plug.

Kokomo

Are any of the following of any help?......

http://www.beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=776

TEL

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 206
Bronze Member
kokomo replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:53 AM

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I don't it's a fuse problem as power is there on both sides of the circuit. As for the manuals link, unfortunately at my level of membership, I don't have access to them.

Will try more testing today.

Thanks again. 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 8:04 AM

The instructions on Beoworld will be due to this being written from an old manual - it is a mistake. Clearly any light you want in the programming needs a light sensor attached, LC! or LC2. I have had a number of light units - LC1s seem a lot less reliable than LC2s though gradually they have all stopped working!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS