Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 6 2019 4:11 AM | Locked

New about LG 2019 OLED TV - coming soon.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 6:01 AM | Locked

@ Sandyb.

Then I can see that it will take a long time before we possibly see a LG OLED 55 "Signature R9. Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 10:59 AM | Locked

Yesterday at the OLED Korea conference, LG Display detailed its future plans for its OLED TV business -
and besides the expected flexible, transparent, rollable and 8K panels, the company also said it plans to
start producing 48" OLED TV panels. This is the first time we hear of such plans, and it will be very good
news to the many consumer who waited patiently for smaller OLED TVs.

As LGD is increasing its production capacity and aiming to be able to produce 10 million TVs by 2021,
it will need to expand its OLED market and this is probably what's behind the decision to finally maker
smaller OLED TV panels. LGD also says it will expand its 8K OLED TV lineup with 65" and 77" 8K panels.

Click here.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:37 PM | Locked
Eh?

There is no 55 inch rollable, not this year.

And almost certainly not next year either

Nothing you have posted suggests otherwise.
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:53 PM | Locked

Is there some sort of award (or threat, depending upon your point of view) we can give to Peter Pan for single-handedly keeping this thred alive and on the front page everyday since December 12th!?

On this page alone 12 of the 15 posts are from himHuh?

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:05 PM | Locked
In the absence of allowable threats, I'd suggest some clinical testing....

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:46 AM | Locked

@ Sandyb.

What kind of one of the above TV do you want Test on ?
You need to prepare for it takes a little while before we see the first tests.

My B&O dealer expects an assortment of LG's TV in the store when B&O's new technology plans fall into place.
What kind of TV brand will you choose when Bang & Olufsen has sold the last Beovision Eclipse. ?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 6:37 AM | Locked

Viewed 24,735 times.

@ Puncher. Many people read this thread of interest.   Yes - thumbs up

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 8:12 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

@ Sandyb.

My B&O dealer expects an assortment of LG's TV in the store when B&O's new technology plans fall into place.
What kind of TV brand will you choose when Bang & Olufsen has sold the last Beovision Eclipse. ?

Test what? The picture quality will be exactly the same on all of the above, the form factor is the only difference.

I'd almost certainly look at the Panasonic OLED's - the new ones have both DV and HDR10+, and their picture quality is generally regarded as superior, especially for those interested in film. 

LG's make good all rounders - but I'm not obsessed with them.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:01 AM | Locked

@ Sandyb

The choice is then free. Bang & Olufsen adopted LG OLED C7 for Beovision Eclipse. So, therefore, LG's tv my choice.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:08 AM | Locked

Wonderful logic, as always....

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:05 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

There is a lot of contradictory information here. Some commenters said that the Eclipse and Horizon will be upgraded this year. You said that B&O will abandon TV production and rely on stock LG TVs instead of a customized screen like the Eclipse. What is the truth ? Assuming you are right, will the integration of the stock LG TVs and the B&O surround processor be as good as the Eclipse or multiple remotes will be required?

Regards,

Jean

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:17 PM | Locked

jvezina:

Peter Pan:

There is a lot of contradictory information here. Some commenters said that the Eclipse and Horizon will be upgraded this year. You said that B&O will abandon TV production and rely on stock LG TVs instead of a customized screen like the Eclipse. What is the truth ? Assuming you are right, will the integration of the stock LG TVs and the B&O surround processor be as good as the Eclipse or multiple remotes will be required?

Regards,

Jean

That is the million dollar question - and no one really knows.

The mood music seems to be that there will be no more BV's, such as they were, and that there will be some way (processor with or without centre speaker) that can sit between a 3rd party TV and B&O speakers. That seems to be, roughly, what many have been told on the quiet.

Others have been reassured that there will be BV's going forward.

I'd say more (on the forum at least, myself included) seem to have been pointed in the direction of the former, rather than the latter, but again no one knows for sure.

And yes, if there is no BV but some other B&O processor product (encompassing centre speaker or not) whether it comes with normal type Beoremote, Network Link, PUC control etc (i.e. all the usual stuff) is a secondary, but still important, question.

And I don't suspect we'll find out any time soon - I'd suggest we'll have a better idea in 6 months or so.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael replied on Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:34 PM | Locked
I’m just chiming in so PP doesn’t feel alone in responding :-p

Thanks PP Lets have a Party !!!
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 7:36 AM | Locked

Yes - thumbs up  Big Smile  Aussie Michael

The name of the device that connects the BeoLab speaker without a BeoVision TV but via a LG TV is WiSA.

Click here.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 4:48 PM | Locked

Some people call that obsession 🙄

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 7:13 PM | Locked

Oh No!! Millemissen shoots with buckshot. Smile The future will not be easy for us B&O enthusiasts.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 7:25 PM | Locked

So, not much of a ‘B&O enthusiast’ left with your appetite for LG tv’s and Xeo speakers.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 8:44 PM | Locked

When I think about the price I paid for my B&O, I am very sorry about what you write. Confused

I may to remember to close the cat out when the party is over. Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:02 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

When I think about the price I paid for my B&O, I am very sorry about what you write. Confused

Man, that was 10 plus years ago.....you must have recovered since then.

Obviously money can’t be the most important factor, when you fantasize about an R-OLED.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 5:17 AM | Locked

Millemissen:
Man, that was 10 plus years ago.....you must have recovered since then.

MM

@  Millemissen

On my B&O A V setup, is labeled- made of Bang & Olufsen Struer Denmark. Maybe that's
why it still works fine. But I also bought new products from B&O a couple of weeks ago. Yes - thumbs up

Now we look forward to launching these LG versions, and how WiSA will work with them.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:15 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

But I also bought new products from B&O a couple of weeks ago. Yes - thumbs up

Oh, please tell us....show us.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 10:50 AM | Locked

Nothing lasts forever. I had to change the display of my Beo4 Mk III from 2006 as it only showed lines.
A replacement kit cost 21 Euro. You can replace it yourself, it's not particularly difficult.

Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 9:54 AM | Locked

The consequences of the decision no longer to develop TV, hav now seriously affecting even the most
hardcore Beofan. B&O's product range shrinks every year. The time for the few remaining TV's will soon
expire. Then it is No wonder the B&O dealers are nervous about their future. Maybe it will be WiSA /Active
BeoLab for a period. That makes it understandable to have LG's TV in the Bang & Olufsen stores.

From November 2018. Download WiSA PDF - Click here.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 1:56 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

The consequences of the decision no longer to develop TV, hav now seriously affecting even the most
hardcore Beofan. B&O's product range shrinks every year. The time for the few remaining TV's will soon
expire. Then it is No wonder the B&O dealers are nervous about their future. Maybe it will be WiSA /Active
BeoLab for a period. That makes it understandable to have LG's TV in the Bang & Olufsen stores.

Good afternoon Peter,

Do you have access to some privilegied information in order to say this ?

If this is the case, I am seriously thinking of retiring now my old MX-5000 in my bedroom (still works, but no longer top shape) and replacing it with my 7-40 (still works well) and getting an Eclipse for my living room. 

There is (or was) a member called Roger who had access to privilegied information. He had not posted on the forum for almost one year. His comments would be welcome.

Regards,

Jean

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:10 PM | Locked

Everyone is just going off what dealers have told them - and of course encouraged by seeing Rogers' comments a while back.

But as I posted last week in response to you, nothing is official, a few seem to have been told there will be future BVs (whatever that means), but a good number seem to have been told something that fits more or less with what Roger was saying. My dealer in London was told pretty much the same as Roger, when I saw him a few weeks ago.

And again, I don't think we will have any official clarity for many many months.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:26 PM | Locked

Sandyb:

Everyone is just going off what dealers have told them - and of course encouraged by seeing Rogers' comments a while back.

But as I posted last week in response to you, nothing is official, a few seem to have been told there will be future BVs (whatever that means), but a good number seem to have been told something that fits more or less with what Roger was saying. My dealer in London was told pretty much the same as Roger, when I saw him a few weeks ago.

And again, I don't think we will have any official clarity for many many months.

Thanks a lot!

Jean

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 4:30 PM | Locked

No worries - big picture, we won't know anything official for many months.

It is what it is.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 9:41 AM | Locked

It is in itself a strange strategy from Bang & Olufsen. Your guess why this is so .....
B&O must be able to understand this, we are many who feel that they are failing us.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 11:45 AM | Locked
No worries = you’re welcome

One is uk/oz/nz english and the other mostly usa english

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 12:23 PM | Locked

@ Mikipidia Yes - thumbs up

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 5:26 PM | Locked
Thanks! I keep assuming everyones English is as good as mine...my bad
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 13 2019 4:45 AM | Locked

From Summit Wireless Technologies.

Summit Wireless Announces 2019 Global Launch of WiSA Certified Products by Nine Leading
Wireless Speaker Manufacturers Across North America, Europe and Asia. - Read here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 11:04 AM | Locked

My front speaker is BeoVox Penta. I've played a bit with a drawing. Drawing page 30 -

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:58 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

My front speaker is BeoVox Penta. I've played a bit with a drawing.
Here's how I think they will be able to enter as a front speaker in a WISA setup.

http://www.beoshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=189

This Beolab receiver is very interesting.

With B&O equipment, when you select a speaker model, the surround processor adjust its output automatically to the speaker characteristics. Will that be possible when many brands will be mixed ? Is returning speaker characteristics a part of the WISA standard ?

Regards,

Jean

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 5:41 PM | Locked

No - that is something that you get when you pay for the B&O solution.

In the above case, I wouldn’t really know what to enter on a B&O tv.....it is Penta, yes - but not really, because there is the ICE Power module in between.

Another problem would be to enter the right distance in the setup . Must it be the distance to the Receiver 1/s or to the actual speaker/s???

MM

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member
AnalogPlanet replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:48 PM | Locked

Good point, actually! I guess no other way but to enter one value, listen to the setup and then enter the other and listen again. Whichever sounds better and more natural should be the right one.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 9:28 PM | Locked

@ Hi jvezina. WiSA write Approved WiSA speaker can be combined. Then write BeoLab 18 as the front speaker
R and L in the LG TV. I would like to keep my ICE / BeoVox Penta setup. So I hope it's the way to do it.

http://www.beoshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=189

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 5:51 AM | Locked

If this works as I hope, we can also use earlier versions of active BeoLab speakers.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 9:04 AM | Locked

If you want to make your own adapter cables, there is help here.

Page 11 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS