Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink 7000 back light and recapping.

This post has 58 Replies | 18 Followers

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
BeoMedia replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:39 AM

I just had a look on Conrad and if I’m looking at the right part (article number 1565919) it says it will be back in stock 17th June. 
BeoMedia 

John
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL
Posts 5
Bronze Member
John replied on Sun, Jun 21 2020 1:46 AM

Thanks for that number.  But it looks that like is for a blue backlight and not the white one.  Unless it is supposed to be the blue one.  I saw in the original post from this thread it was white.  Do you think they would perform the same?  If so I am going to jump on it and grab it as it is now back in stock.   Thanks again for your help!

hfinette
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
hfinette replied on Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:58 PM

you can choose blue green or white  on the site. This is for white https://www.conrad.de/de/p/tru-components-leuchtfolie-weiss-l-x-b-x-h-138-x-34-x-0-5-1571787.html

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, Jun 22 2020 6:41 AM

John:

Thanks for that number.  But it looks that like is for a blue backlight and not the white one.  Unless it is supposed to be the blue one.  I saw in the original post from this thread it was white.  Do you think they would perform the same?  If so I am going to jump on it and grab it as it is now back in stock.   Thanks again for your help!

Dont use a blue backlight, this will make the text almost invisible, since the LCD itself is blue. You need a white one, but the last white I bought at Conrad, was actually more blue than white, and made text hard to read.

/Jacob

Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
Posts 72
Gold Member
Filip replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:57 PM

I recently bought a Beogram 7000 but the seller also asked me if I was interested in a Beolink 7000. Sure - I was. However, it only worked when on the charger and there was the 'no contact' message in the display. I made an offer and the seller sold it to me for 25 GBP. Visually, the Beolink is near mint.

Inspired by this thread, I took the Beolink apart and ordered the caps. I also took a look at the rechargeable battery pack - horrible. It appears to have leaked - but luckily no damage seems to have been done. I have ordered a new battery from Vienna, so looking forward to that. In the meantime, here is a pic of the old battery pack:

Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
Posts 72
Gold Member
Filip replied on Tue, Jul 14 2020 6:18 PM

So my components have arrived and I have changed them apart from the SMDs which I had ordered in the wrong size - yep, instead of 6.3V I had ordered 63V and of course they are way too big to fit. Anyway, the capacitors that I have changed actually all measure fine off the board. I tried the Beolink 7000 and of course the changing of the okay capacitors made no difference. So, it looks like one of the SMDs is faulty. I have ordered two new ones in the right voltage and hopefully size.

John
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL
Posts 5
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 10:53 PM

Time to find a new source.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I just got this response from Conrad.  

------------------

Dear John,

thank you very much for your interest in our products.

Much to our regret we have to inform you that the item requested is sold out and can no longer be delivered. Due to an error the item appeared in our web shop without any price or status information.

Unfortunately we only have red, green and blue display illumination films available anymore, as this product group is being phased out.
https://www.conrad.com/p/tru-components-thin-film-el-panels-blue-l-x-w-x-h-138-x-34-x-0.5-mm-1565919
https://www.conrad.com/p/thin-film-el-panels-red-l-x-w-x-h-112-x-87-x-0.5-mm-184043
https://www.conrad.com/p/tru-components-thin-film-el-panels-green-l-x-w-x-h-138-x-34-x-0.5-mm-1565920

We are terribly sorry to have to disappoint you this time.

In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

John
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL
Posts 5
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:26 PM

Anyone have any thoughts to trying the red or green panel?  Blue will not work since the rest is blue and it would just be washed out.  

Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
Posts 72
Gold Member
Filip replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 11:10 AM

Finally my SMD components arrived, and I have cleaned the board and soldered them on, and 2-way communication still does not work - argh.

Fast forward to this morning where 2-way communication suddenly started working - however only for a few minutes. I have then noticed that if I turn off the BL 7000 for a while, 2-way communication will work again but only for a very short time. Any suggestions what to look for?

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
BeoMedia replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 4:23 PM
Hi Filip,

When I recapped mine it didn’t work either at first.

Then I soldered off the several-legged chip nearby as it looked like one of the caps had leaked in under it.

When I had it off it revealed I was correct so I cleaned it and soldered it back on and it all worked.

Regards BeoMedia
Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
Posts 72
Gold Member
Filip replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:40 PM

Thanks for the tip. Indeed there was still a bit of goo on two of the legs. I didn't unsolder the chip but used a q-tip with isopropyl alcohol and after removing and adding the components of the system, everything, including RDS started working. Yay. Can you believe I only paid 25 pounds for it?

Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
Posts 72
Gold Member
Filip replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:51 PM

The only issue now is that the BL has a buzzing sound. Seems to come from near the battery compartment.

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member
lausvi replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:31 PM

Good job, and a very nice price for a BL7000 Yes - thumbs up

If the buzzing is faint and only heard when the display is on, I'd say that was normal (due to the backlight high voltage coil resonating) and mine does that too.

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
BeoMedia replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:38 AM
Mine is also buzzing. It is normal.

I would recommend you to replace the button battery cell I side the remote as it has very likely started to leak (unless already replaced). If it leaks too much it will destroy the PCB.
Alain Verbeke
Not Ranked
Belgium
Posts 18
Gold Member

For those still looking for the white luminescent film for the display that is no longer available at Conrad, I found another supplier: www.reichelt.com in Germany. Part number: EL-FOLIE 1010WS and HS-Code 94059900. I bought 2 of them to replace the bad ones in my Beolink's 7000 and they work great. 

skolesen
Not Ranked
Hvidovre, Denmark
Posts 34
Gold Member
skolesen replied on Wed, Nov 25 2020 4:55 PM

Alain Verbeke:

For those still looking for the white luminescent film for the display that is no longer available at Conrad, I found another supplier: www.reichelt.com in Germany. Part number: EL-FOLIE 1010WS and HS-Code 94059900. I bought 2 of them to replace the bad ones in my Beolink's 7000 and they work great. 

Hi Alain.

Interesting Do you have picture of how you did the replacement?

Thanks

/steffen

Alain Verbeke
Not Ranked
Belgium
Posts 18
Gold Member

Hi Steffen. I used exactly the same procedure as described in this post. I did not take pictures during my repair. Sorry.

skolesen
Not Ranked
Hvidovre, Denmark
Posts 34
Gold Member
skolesen replied on Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:30 AM

Alain Verbeke:

Hi Steffen. I used exactly the same procedure as described in this post. I did not take pictures during my repair. Sorry.

Hi Alain,

Recieved the white luminescent film a few days ago and you are right. Just use exactly the same procedure as described in this post.

Thanks for the tip.

/steffen

NilsW
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
NilsW replied on Wed, Apr 28 2021 11:53 AM

Thank You Alain,

will order as well.

Page 2 of 2 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS