Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

My Beograms...

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Martynka
Top 500 Contributor
Poland
Posts 245
Bronze Member
Martynka Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:58 PM

Hi, 

First I bought Beosystem 5000. Then to the set first Beogram. And that's how it began.

At first Beogram 5000, in very good condition, as damaged because it was spinning, making noise and stopping. Now I know it's normal without MMC and vinyl. I bought the MMC4 from Needlestain for it. It is currently being changed from bonded elliptical to nude elliptical as in MMC3.

Later I bought Beogram 5500 in perfect condition, after changing the outer brushed aluminum, full adjustment and service. I bought him a fully rebuilt MMC1 with Shibata from retipper from Denmark.

The next purchase was Beogram 5005, not as nice as 5500, but it had a MMC4 cartridge. The cartridge has been rebuilt with Ortofon's Fine Line stylus. 

Photo of my MMC4 rebuild by Tomek from Poland

He does all the cartridges, not just B & O. If someone is interested to seeing photos of his other works ( coils, suspension, cantilever, stylus ) I can send on priv link to the gallery from another forum. Very nice photo. 

BeO is like a good wine - the older the better...

Martynka
Top 500 Contributor
Poland
Posts 245
Bronze Member

And another one MMC rebuild by Tomek. This time it was broken suspension.

Martynka
Top 500 Contributor
Poland
Posts 245
Bronze Member

Shibata ... I heard that it would be perfect for the classics, with rock or any other music it would be better to use CL. Shibata is playing high and can be tiring. However, I have decided and do not regret. From observation I will say that Shibata sounds better on KEFs than she played on my M70. MMC4 with Ortofon FL sounded better on B&O than KEF. I'm still waiting for an MMC from Joseph after the exchange (first lost the path) to compare with FL.

But back to MMC1 with Shibata, playing higher frequencies, but not as I was informed, just sounds where other inserts no longer hear, in a fuller range. Bass, I was afraid it would not be, but the floor is shaking. When I first played EP Two Feet and start "Go *** Yourself" and then "Had some drinks" it shocked me. The vocals and the guitar was that I expected but when I heard the electronic trip hop bass ... respect. None of the other inserts can play such low bass. And HI and LOW do not fight with each other but they interact and complement each other. 

I listen to these wonderful sounds straight from the MMC1 made by pickupservice@outlook.dk

I recommend !!!

kmspurway
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

could you share the contact details for Tomek please?

Martynka
Top 500 Contributor
Poland
Posts 245
Bronze Member

I try to sent you a message with an e-mail to Tomek and a gallery of his works but you have blocked p.m.

Makso
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Makso replied on Sat, Oct 16 2021 8:18 AM

could you share the contact details for Tomek please?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS