Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting Beolab Penta 3 to Beosystem 5000?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

xvilemx
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
xvilemx Posted: Sat, Apr 13 2019 12:01 AM

Hey all, I've picked up and got working a semi complete Beosystem 5000(only missing the CD50) and I've also picked up some in good condition Penta 3s. I was wondering how to hook it up to the 5000 while getting the displays working on the Pentas. I have it only hooked up at line level currently running through the speakers built in amp. My 5000 only has 3 Pin dins for the speaker outputs I believe. Any help for a noobie?

Thanks! 

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
I might be wrong on this, but I don’t think the BM5000 will communicate with the display of the Pentas. The 3pin din of the BM5000 is used with the MCL82 link system and that didn’t accommodate displays like the following improved link system that used the 4pin din speaker link which can be adapted to a powerlink 8pin din of the later Pentas for the displays.

Shoot Steve at sounds heavenly an email, if it can be done he’d know how and be able to make you the right cable.
xvilemx
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
xvilemx replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 6:27 PM

I sent him an email, thanks for the advice! 

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Apr 14 2019 2:37 PM
That is correct, the BS5000 doesn’t have the ability to drive the Penta displays. That first started with the Speakerlink connection on the BS5500. The BS6500 and BS7000 provided Powerlink connections as well as Speakerlink, and would be a better match.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi xvilemx,

Thanks for getting in touch (sorry I didn't spot this thread sooner!).  Unfortunately, there isn't any way that I am aware of to get the Penta displays working on the earlier Beomaster 5000 with 3 pin outputs for the Speaker 1 terminals.  Later Beomasters with 4 pin terminals (eg. Beomaster 5500) are fine to drive the speaker displays.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

xvilemx
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
xvilemx replied on Wed, May 29 2019 3:28 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been using them through the line out, and did get the 2 pin adapters to hook them up through the speaker outputs on my 5000. Do you think I should do that, or just continue using the line outs? Which would sound best do you think? 

Thanks! 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

The Pre-out sockets of the Beomaster 5000 should give you the best sound quality (as you can use the amps in the speakers and bypass the Beomaster amp), you can do this via this RCA Line cable if you don't already have a cable in place:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/6-30-av-processor-pre-amp-sonos-to-beolab-rca-line-in-one-cable-for-two-speakers.html#/2-length-1m

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS