Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Does the “current” beoremote one do IR?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

samsp
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
samsp Posted: Tue, May 21 2019 2:10 AM

In talking to a B&O dealer, they think it is BT only? Is an IR capable model still available?

DStefan
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
DStefan replied on Tue, May 21 2019 6:54 AM
It has both, Ir and Bluetooth. Strange that a dealer doesn’t know this.
Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Tue, May 21 2019 8:17 AM

I wonder if I could use a Beoremote one to control my Beovision 7 and the Amazon FireTV Stick. Do you guys know if this is possible? My Dealer tells me it is not.

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Tue, May 21 2019 8:17 AM

I wonder if I could use a Beoremote one to control my Beovision 7 and the Amazon FireTV Stick. Do you guys know if this is possible? My Dealer tells me it is not.

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You won’t need the bt part of the remote for that.

Just like with controlling the BV7 you only need ir.

BUT you will need a Flirc USB Dongle in order to convert the codes of the Fire Stick.

This can then be controlled via the right PUC codes that have to be loaded to your tv.

Just do a search for ‘Fire Tv stick’ etc here, and you will get lots of threads about this.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

samsp
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
samsp replied on Wed, May 22 2019 1:49 AM

as the fire devices can be paired with a bt keyboard, and the bt remote has been paired with phones etc, would it work with the fire devices that way?

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, May 22 2019 7:30 AM

It depends on the model of BV7 that you have: unless it supports the ‘joystick ‘ model beo4 then you won’t be able to use the navigation keys on the Beoremote one. I believe the BV7-55 is the only model with support for the BR one.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I bought the BT beoremote one (the one with the 4 my buttons and no netflix button) and i can control my Avant Mk1 with it, which means it is IR and BT. 

msinn
Not Ranked
Hamburg, Germany
Posts 16
Bronze Member
msinn replied on Sat, Jun 1 2019 12:53 PM

How do you switch between your Avant and your MacBook? Or did you have to disconnect your BT from the MacBook to control the Avant again?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Easy find 😉

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/~/mediaV3/files/user-guides/beoremote-one/1605_BeoRemoteOne_BT_Online_Guide_EN_web.pdf

By the way also the BV10/8 can support the Beo4/navi, which means that any BROne can be used.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS