Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 901Issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Lewis T
Not Ranked
Hampshire, UK
Posts 39
Bronze Member
Lewis T Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently brought a beomaster 901 and was sold it in fully working order. I have powered it up with some beovox 901 speakers not the best speakers in the world. When you have it switched on but no function selected and the volume is up it sounds like white noise coming from the amp its crackling and hissing by itself. when you plug a fm aerial in and put it onto fm it tries to pick stations up but its very faint when tuning all i can get is radio 4 and local radio that's it really on radio 4 it sounds fine but when music is played through fm it sounds very distorted from the right channel i have swapped the speakers over and checked the leads it don't make a difference.  on tape its only slightly distorted its bearable then. When you press the off button  you get a loud hiss from the speakers then it starts to fade out with in about 5 seconds. Just wondering if anyone knows what seems to be wrong with the amp ?

Many Thanks,

Lewis

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:22 PM

Replace all the electrolytic capacitors.
They dry out and lose capacitance and the Beomaster will go out of spec. Very common.

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

As Martin says and before ordering caps, check your trimmers and rectifiers, I did this to mine, and it plays OK now, there is a small bump in the speakers turning on and off, but I think its normal. Martin can provide what you need.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS