Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen app 2.7

rated by 0 users
This post has 223 Replies | 6 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member

Dear Mr. Anderson,

I am reporting a bug for the latest 2.9.0 beta. 

In the Eclipse remote control menus, when we swipe forward and then backwards, the text is now surimposed as shown in the example.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:31 AM

jvezina:

In the Eclipse remote control menus, when we swipe forward and then backwards, the text is now surimposed as shown in the example.

Same for the BeoPlay V1.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Oct 18 2019 12:14 PM
jvezina:

Dear Mr. Anderson,

I am reporting a bug for the latest 2.9.0 beta.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

And for the Avant 4k MK 1.

I sent feedback via TestFlight within hours of release and have subsequently downgraded to the previous build 23122
ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Oct 18 2019 1:47 PM
1990:

Same for the BeoPlay V1.

And the Avant 4k MK1

I sent a bug report just after the beta was released, and have subsequently downgraded to build 23122

Tim
mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:14 AM
Maybe time to open a 2.9.x thread knowing that latest beta (2.9.0.23217) is already behind production (2.9.1.23573)

We are back to bad habits where beta users are no longer informed properly and may be reporting bugs already corrected in commercial versions.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

beopaul
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Bronze Member
beopaul replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 2:38 PM
Hiort:

@Mr Andersson. A problem to look at.

Setup:

Beovision 11-46 with a Beosound 1 GVA integrated. BL3s connected to the BV.

What I do:

Start playing a Deezer playlist from the app.

Use app to join the BV11 to the experience.

Silence sound on BS1 using the app (dragging multi room slider to zero)

Adjusting volume on BV11 from the now playing screen on app (the circle)

What happens:

Volume on the BV jumps up significantly, and also the BS volume jumps up.

If I use the BeoremoteOne the volume works okay.

I’m able to reproduce this.

I’ve had the same thing happen, only with TuneIn, Beoplay V1, and an M5.
Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

Maybe time to open a 2.9.x thread knowing that latest beta (2.9.0.23217) is already behind production (2.9.1.23573)

We are back to bad habits where beta users are no longer informed properly and may be reporting bugs already corrected in commercial versions. BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

I totally agree.

@MrAndersen: Is the beta program still alive?

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 7:38 PM
Seriously?

The same bug I and others reported is still present!

The text in the bottom row becomes superimposed when swiping right and left.

This makes the App unusable with a TV.

I will downgrade to an earlier build again.

Super Angry
koert2
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Bronze Member
koert2 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:27 PM

Hey,

Probably a dumb question but I cannot figure it out. How do I downgrade to a previous app release? Do I need to be in beta program?

I agree with you, totally unusable with TV at the moment. 

Thanks,

Koert

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:44 PM
koert2:

Do I need to be in beta program?

Yes you need to be in the beta program so you can load previous versions case needed.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

I apologize for not visiting the thread lately. I have been travelling. The remote bug is fixed and will be out shortly and I have bumped the beta version to be on par with the live version. It will be out when the review is done. 

The minor versions only fixed issues for the upcoming product launches. 

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Sat, Oct 26 2019 11:23 AM

Hi

A cafe I frequent has a beolab 35 high up on the wall, and the owner told me he has to climb up and manually alter the volume each day, which is unsafe and ticks him off.

He has the app on his iPhone but says it doesn’t “work”.......

Dumb question maybe, but can he control the 35 directly using his app on his phone via Bluetooth , or must the 35 be on a wifi network first?

He appears to be able to stream music to it.

Can you control a 35 using a Beo 4 remote?

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Sat, Oct 26 2019 2:11 PM

Hi.

I have a problem with sync of music when using multi room.

The problem is as follow:

If I start a song/radiochannel in living room using Moment/Avant combo it works fine. When I add another room (sync/partymode) it works like it should in the newly added room, but the music starts to come and go in the main area  (living room).

Somebody else have experience this? It wasn't like this before... 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Oct 26 2019 3:12 PM
synth:

Dumb question maybe, but can he control the 35 directly using his app on his phone via Bluetooth , or must the 35 be on a wifi network first?

Both devices need to be on same WiFi network.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Oct 26 2019 3:15 PM
synth:

Can you control a 35 using a Beo 4 remote?

Yes you can.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 3:52 AM

Great. How would I add a 35 to a standard  Beo 4 remote so it could control it please?

Do I need to set it up as say "camera" or something else?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 8:30 AM

This may help:

https://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/13309/loc/en_GB/s/16777217_267014215d4be-b6c0-41be-a3ae-01a91096ba49_SEARCH/prTxnId/1249251833/txnId/1249251833#__highlight

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 3:50 PM
mbolo01:

This may help:

https://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/13309/loc/en_GB/s/16777217_267014215d4be-b6c0-41be-a3ae-01a91096ba49_SEARCH/prTxnId/1249251833/txnId/1249251833#__highlight

@Synth

Follow the instructions so kindly provided by mbolo01 and it will work.

mm08642
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member
mm08642 replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:52 PM

HH1971:

Dear MrAndersen I strongly wish / support following five feature requests for the B&O app already mentioned in this thread.

1. Deezer Flow - one of the best features of the Deezer app.
    Alsfeld:
    1. A Deezer Flow button to start / to stop Deezer Flow somewhere in the B&O App.
  2. Possibility to reduce local source list in the now playing screen.
    Alsfeld:
    Even I disabled several local sources of my Beosound Core (see left screenshot), they are still displayed in the source list (see right screenshot) in the now playing screen.

Millemissen:
    Agree - there is some work there to be done in order to make these entries corresponding.
  3. Genre overview - with much smaller pictures per Genre, so that you see more content without scrolling
    mm08642:
    I would love / suggest to follow the Deezer design (as you did with Artists using round circles instead of squares). Deezer is using small rectangle instead of squares for displaying genre.
  4. Clearer multiroom screen, you see all groupings at once, without changing selected products
    MrAndersen:
    Redesign of multiroom screen
  5. A fully working app (not freezing) within a local network when DSL connection is not available (= no internet access, only local network access)
    HH1971:
    the bug that courses a freezing app (after 3 to 6 minutes when there is WLAN / LAN connection to B&O products but no Internet connection) is not solved!

Please implement these features, that would be really great!

MrAndersen I support these 5 suggestions from HH1971, too.
That the B&O app gets a little bit closer to the functionalities of the Deezer App, at least. Even so, the Sonos App should be the benchmark.

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Mon, Oct 28 2019 9:46 PM
Hello,

The drawing depicting the device, in my case a BeoPlay V1, disappears then sometime it is flashing on the black board for a fraction of a second.

Cheers.

Olivier

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 31 2019 8:06 AM
Pending fixes/enhancements:

- Now playing screen: moving forward/backward within a DLNA track does not work properly

- Now playing screen: changing track by pressing on the image is far too sensitive

- Now playing screen: when changing a DLNA track, album cover is not displayed back until now playing screen is minimized/maximized

- Music browsing: back and more buttons are not visible when artist/album image background is white (see image below)

- Music browsing: top artist/album image overlaps top screen informations (see image below)

Comparison between Deezer and B&O screens where you can see the design mistakes mentioned above:

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Thu, Oct 31 2019 4:57 PM

Mr Andersen,

I have installed the version 2.10.0 which has been just released and the text problem in the remote menus is fixed.

Thanks a lot!

Jean

PS Have you an idea when the virtual keyboard will be added ?

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Fri, Nov 1 2019 11:29 AM

A good user experience and the love to details seems not to be the goal of the B&O app developers. A strange attitude for a company that tries to place themselves as a high price design / lifestyle company on the market.

Or how could it be, some selected examples (and there are many other examples):
- you need two apps to select a new Deezer Mixe, besides B&O app you need additional the Deezer app
- there is no split view and slide over (even so you have to work with two apps parallel to get it work)
- that there is no Deezer flow and no technical possible to use Deezer flow via B&O multiroom
- When you choose „show all“ at „Deezer Selection“ the displayed list looks different than all the other lists displayed at  „show all“, why?
What is the reason? Is this B&O design creativity or B&O conceptlessness?

Unfortunately I bought two B&O loudspeakers before I found this forum. I thought I get a Danish high quality design product. But I am maximum disappointed after downloading and using this cheap B&O app, that is not at all what I expected when I bought these high priced (totally overpriced when considering this awful B&O App concept) loudspeakers.

MrTom
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
MrTom replied on Fri, Nov 1 2019 12:48 PM

Hi OlivierC,

Can you please provide information about the App version you are experiencing this issue? is it the latest version 2.10?

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
Hello,

It is version 2.9.2, v2.10 is not yet available for download in the App Store, at least in my region, I’ve just checked.

I have Apple iPhone 6 and 1st Gen. iPad Air, both running the latest available iOS for these devices, iOS 12.4.3.

Thank you.

Olivier
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:22 AM
Audio:
I thought I get a Danish high quality design product. But I am maximum disappointed after downloading and using this cheap B&O app, that is not at all what I expected when I bought these high priced (totally overpriced when considering this awful B&O App concept) loudspeakers.

which speakers are you controlling with the app?

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

In my case I have found your don’t need to use the app to enjoy the speakers. I use AirPlay 2, but Chromecast also works just as well. Use whatever music app you want and just Chromecast or AirPlay to your speakers. To be honest you’re being over dramatic. What speakers did you get? I use the app mainly to just set up the speakers and headphones and then I don’t need to use is. I have found B&O speakers to sound at par with others at their price points with their design and build quality being much nicer. They do make some products that don’t work as well as they should like the original E8 and few of their connected products from 3-6 years ago. But the recent hardware from last year is pretty impressive.

Their current app is at par with any other speaker maker. May be Sonos app is better, I used to have many Sonos speakers and B&O connected speakers sound better by a long shot. So which speakers did you get?

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sun, Nov 3 2019 9:48 AM

Carolpa:
which speakers are you controlling with the app?

I bought two Beosound 2. I like the really special design of these loudspeaker compared to the competition. The easy and straight design, no frills following the Bauhaus design concept. And the love of the designer to details like the LED at the top of the lens, integrated volume control wheel on the top and the touch control or „touch to join“, very simple and user orientated.

The total opposite is the B&O app. The app is working, yes, but the expected easy user experience and the love to details is not recognisable at all. The B&O app leaves the impression that a very frustrated software team has to work on it. Just look at the main menus „Product“, „Multiroom“, „Music“ and „Radio“. Every main menu is following a total different user concept / design language. Or for example count the steps / clicks until you can change local sources at the loudspeakers, when you are able to find it. I do not know any professional app in the Apple App Store, that has such unsystematic / confusing user concept.

But I bought the loudspeaker to use them, not only to look at them. And I get every time frustrated and regret my purchase when I have to use this awful B&O app. I really can not understand, why the loudspeaker design department is not able to support the software development department to design a user interface that is enjoyable and easy to use like the loudspeaker itself?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Nov 3 2019 10:02 AM
Audio:

I bought two Beosound 2. I like the really special design of these loudspeaker compared to the competition. The easy and straight design, no frills following the Bauhaus design concept. And the love of the designer to details like the LED at the top of the lens, integrated volume control wheel on the top and the touch control or „touch to join“, very simple and user orientated.

The total opposite is the B&O app. The app is working, yes, but the expected easy user experience and the love to details is not recognisable at all . The B&O app leaves the impression that a very frustrated software team has to work on it. Just look at the main menus „Product“, „Multiroom“, „Music“ and „Radio“. Every main menu is following a total different user concept / design language. Or for example count the steps / clicks until you can change local sources at the loudspeakers, when you are able to find it. I do not know any professional app in the Apple App Store, that has such unsystematic / confusing user concept.

But I bought the loudspeaker to use them, not only to look at them. And I get every time frustrated and regret my purchase when I have to use this awful B&O app. I really can not understand, why the loudspeaker design department is not able to support the software development department to design a user interface that is enjoyable and easy to use like the loudspeaker itself?

If you dislike the app so much, use the Beoremote 1 or the deezer app instead. Apart from a few poor design choices the app works very well for me. Be aware that the range of products is larger than any other brand and consists of speakers and tv’s. Resulting in more clicks than your might like but with only 2 products you are not the typical user for this app.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 4 2019 9:06 AM

New feature (wish list):

2 Essences, a BS35, BS Core. 3 BLC all have their own Line in.

Not that I use them all, but I would appreciate a feature to rename these sources in the app.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 4 2019 6:10 PM

Issue:

I changed the settings from one of my BLC to A.SLAVE. It is connected to an Essence mkII. So in the app the Essence should be leading and should be visible and operative. 

But the app does the opposite: it shows the BLC and hides the Essence (after an pop-up saying it would do so).

But this is the wrong way around. This way nothing goes............ for this Essence. 

Extra info: after switching back to V.Master, the Essence switch on again and it reappears in the app.

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sat, Nov 9 2019 10:03 AM

I expect, that when you invest nearly 4,000.00 Euro in two Beosound 2 that you get more than just a loudspeaker with a nice shaped metal case.

Fansastic:
If you dislike the app so much, use the Beoremote 1 or the deezer app instead.

Certainly there are many work arounds to minimise the usage of the B&O app. Besides using the Deezer app and streaming via Airplay, I can use my ancient LMS (Logitech Media Server) offering a more thought through user concept than the B&O app. Alternatively I currently testing Roon Labs, perhaps this will be the answer?

But originally I was looking for a new plug and play multiroom platform that is offering both a wide range of good designed loudspeakers with a nice and easy user concept / interface that I can extend over time. Unfortunately Bang&Olufsen is not anymore short listed, because of this disappointing software (B&O App) with an unenjoyable user experience in my eyes.

Fansastic:
Be aware that the range of products is larger than any other brand and consists of speakers and tv’s.

In my opinion, dealing with many different use cases / speaker is not an excuse for a horrible user interface. And following the financial performance of Bang&Olufsen as a company, it seems that I am not the only one who expects a little bit more for the B&O price tag than just a nice designed loudspeaker cases. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Nov 9 2019 3:22 PM
To be fair they are more than just nicely designed cases, as they do also sound very good.

But I agree, given that many of their products are music systems in their own right, the app is both pretty basic and not efficient, with far too many clicks required to do simple frequent tasks
tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 26
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Sat, Nov 9 2019 5:15 PM

Audio:

Agree with you. B&O products look like Apple products, and the hardware design & the price range builds up an expectation that the user experience will be as seamless as any other modern piece of technology. The iOS app however, does not live up to the high expectations. I consider it to be an advanced tool for setup, test and configuration rather than an app for daily usage.

I got rid of my frustrations by writing a simple remote control app for macOS (PoC) so that I can avoid using the iOS app entirely.

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Sat, Nov 16 2019 11:29 AM
MrTom:

Hi OlivierC,

Can you please provide information about the App version you are experiencing this issue? is it the latest version 2.10?

Hi MrTom,

I am now running v2.10.1 but the issue remains both in my iPhone 6 and 1st Gen. iPad Air.

Thank you.

OlivierC
Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sun, Nov 17 2019 4:30 PM

HH1971:

Dear MrAndersen I strongly wish / support following five feature requests for the B&O app already mentioned in this thread.

1. Deezer Flow - one of the best features of the Deezer app.
    Alsfeld:
    1. A Deezer Flow button to start / to stop Deezer Flow somewhere in the B&O App.
  2. Possibility to reduce local source list in the now playing screen.
    Alsfeld:
    Even I disabled several local sources of my Beosound Core (see left screenshot), they are still displayed in the source list (see right screenshot) in the now playing screen.

Millemissen:
    Agree - there is some work there to be done in order to make these entries corresponding.
  3. Genre overview - with much smaller pictures per Genre, so that you see more content without scrolling
    mm08642:
    I would love / suggest to follow the Deezer design (as you did with Artists using round circles instead of squares). Deezer is using small rectangle instead of squares for displaying genre.
  4. Clearer multiroom screen, you see all groupings at once, without changing selected products
    MrAndersen:
    Redesign of multiroom screen
  5. A fully working app (not freezing) within a local network when DSL connection is not available (= no internet access, only local network access)
    HH1971:
    the bug that courses a freezing app (after 3 to 6 minutes when there is WLAN / LAN connection to B&O products but no Internet connection) is not solved!

Please implement these features, that would be really great!

I like all listed features too, PLUS split view and slide over on the Apple iPad PLEASE!
Possible since iPadOS 13. It would be great if the B&O App would support it.

mm08642
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member
mm08642 replied on Sat, Nov 23 2019 1:40 PM

Alsfeld:
I like all listed features too, PLUS split view and slide over on the Apple iPad PLEASE!

Most professional apps I use already offer these multitask functions on the Apple iPad.

Only B&O’s software development team probably needs 2 years to discuss whether these features make sense for their customers or not. After a long and complicated decision-making process they need another 2 years to find a student with the necessary skills to implement it into the B&O app. In case they do not find a student, it will be never realised.

I know that it’s black sarcasm, but from the outside it looks like the B&O software team is working that way.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

mm08642:

I know that it’s black sarcasm, but from the outside it looks like the B&O software team is working that way.

I don’t agree on your ‘black sarcasm’ and personally I see no need for ‘spit view and slide over’.

The iPad (Mini) that I use for the Bang & Olufsen app is dedicated to this.....because I don’t want to be disturbed there by any other app.

Different use case....it seems.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Nov 23 2019 9:58 PM
You don’t have to use slide over / split screen, but it would be useful for those who do.

So just because you don’t see any need, doesn’t mean there is no need
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Dear Sandy,

please read what I wrote....’personally I see no need.....’

This certainly does not mean that noone else should need it.

I just stated my point of view there - nothing more and nothing less!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 5 of 6 (224 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS