Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Sitting on the top of the world, I'm not

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:25 AM

I'm out in the province of Mexico, working hard, in Colorado near Queretaro, Went to the local hole in the wall shop, they offer a little of everything from sewing needles to steam cookers, outside I saw an old Massey Ferguson orange tractor, its probably also for sale, As I dont have my music in my laptop, I went there to buy some CDs they have the enormous amount of 50, I bought everything they have in English, 2 CDs, one Michael Jackson and the other Shakira (half English), now I have to listen to these on my laptop, man do I long for home and my B&O. I wonder every time I'm out here, why they in these small communities only listen to Mexican music, its bad grabbed Ranchero, Norteno, Mariachis or Texmex, nothing what so ever from the *outside*, the local radio stations the same.

I'm suffering please let me go home.  

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 6:19 AM

Bummer, man, you seriously need an iPod or equivalent. Or just put iTunes on your laptop, or the equivalent, and rip some of your CDs. The only way I survived my road warrior days as an engineer back in the 80's was with a Sony Walkman, now that dates me! I would have killed for low end MP3 quality!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 6:44 AM

Søren Mexico:
why they in these small communities only listen to Mexican music

So much for the global village theory !

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Jeff:

Bummer, man, you seriously need an iPod or equivalent. Or just put iTunes on your laptop, or the equivalent, and rip some of your CDs. The only way I survived my road warrior days as an engineer back in the 80's was with a Sony Walkman, now that dates me! I would have killed for low end MP3 quality!

Feel for your Soren ...

I still have road warrior days ... I used to rely on my BS2 to keep me sane ... then when I left for an extended period of years I loaded up my laptop with iTunes and lived off that ... now I rely on my iDevice and refresh the playlist from the iCloud ... now anywhere I go where there is an internet I have access to my library of 20,000 tracks ...

so really do feel for you man Sad

"lonely days, lonely nights"

BeoNut since '75

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:28 AM

Hehehe I feel your pain man!

Seriously download iTunes. As a true music lover for my whole life, iTunes in my opinion has done more for music than anything. I have my ENTIRE life's worth of music wherever i am in the world and to me, that is really special and priceless!

If you have an iPhone get the BeoPlayer app and you will kind of have a bit of B&O with you :)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:30 AM

WOW Elephant 20,000 tracks that's incredible!!! I was up until 3.30am last night just sat with my MacBook rediscovering tunes - I had a great time :)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Paul W:

WOW Elephant 20,000 tracks that's incredible!!! I was up until 3.30am last night just sat with my MacBook rediscovering tunes - I had a great time :)

ooops *sprung*

I checked Smile

only 14,903 tracks Smile

what amazed me more the other day, was when I looked at home many I had purchased via iTunes .... almost a thousand tracks !

the vast majority of the rest are ripped from my (sorry dear, our) CDs and the CDs of my 3 sons

technically they are not "our" CDs since my wife dislikes quite a few of mine Big Smile so they are a Venn diagram of "his", "ours" and "hers"

BeoNut since '75

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:14 AM

Søren Mexico:

I'm out in the province of Mexico, working hard, in Colorado near Queretaro, Went to the local hole in the wall shop, they offer a little of everything from sewing needles to steam cookers, outside I saw an old Massey Ferguson orange tractor, its probably also for sale, As I dont have my music in my laptop, I went there to buy some CDs they have the enormous amount of 50, I bought everything they have in English, 2 CDs, one Michael Jackson and the other Shakira (half English), now I have to listen to these on my laptop, man do I long for home and my B&O. I wonder every time I'm out here, why they in these small communities only listen to Mexican music, its bad grabbed Ranchero, Norteno, Mariachis or Texmex, nothing what so ever from the *outside*, the local radio stations the same.

I'm suffering please let me go home.  

Maybe you should buy that Massey, that would have nice sound Big Smile

blah-blah and photographs as needed

FlintIronstag
Not Ranked
Houston, TX USA
Posts 53
Bronze Member

Søren Mexico, I'm curious about the state of affairs in Mexico.  I know we hear a lot about the cartel violence on the filtered news, but do you feel safe going about your daily business?

I dabble in private security consulting on the side, and as forces draw down in the middle East, a lot of contractors are coming home and looking at Mexico as another lucrative spot.  Of course the fact that they don't allow foreigners to carry arms will undoubtedly deter most of them Big Smile

Um, thread content: yeah, load up some tunes on your phone.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS