Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Issue with AppleTV after upgrade to tvOS 13

rated by 0 users
This post has 58 Replies | 4 Followers

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 Posted: Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:36 PM

After upgrade of my Apple TV HD to iOS 13 my BeoVision 8 will no longer turn on the Apple TV.

If I turn on my Apple TV with the Apple Remote then I can use BeoRemote One to navigate on the Apple TV. So it is not a cable issue. It only turn on and turn off that does not work.

Any ideas? 

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
Try pressing the green button after selecting the AppleTV on your remote
ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:11 PM

It is not working. 

There is also an issue with turning the Apple TV off after the TvOS upgrade. It turns off and then on again.  

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sun, Sep 29 2019 8:25 PM
Since the atv is not very power hungry, I keep mine on all the time.
StephenJCW
Not Ranked
Melbourne AU
Posts 11
Bronze Member

I have the exact same issue with the iOS 13 upgrade to my Apple TV on my Beovision 14. It wont power up from the PUC / IR Blaster - but once on from the Apple Remote it will take commands from the BeoRemote One via the PUC / IR Blaster... also no response from the suggestion of the Green button (but thanks for the suggestion).

However, I could power up the Apple TV if I selected Apple TV on the BeoRemote One, then hit LIST and selected HOME on the BeoRemote display!! So it is an extra step, but it does mean I don't have to use two different remotes.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:05 AM

Same problem here.

Are the PUC codes still being updated?

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:56 AM

Perhaps something is changed on Apple TV in connection with the new control Center window. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:11 PM

Just press “back” or “exit” twice. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:16 PM

Even multiple presses on the "back" button no longer always works. The green button must often be pressed. Something has definitely changed with the update.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

I forwarded a bug report to B&O's BeoCare... Let's see what happens..

Karel.

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:27 PM

It will probably not help to submit a support case to B&O due the fact that customer service could be better. If they even can understand the issue. 😀

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:39 PM

Anyway I have submitted a case. #190930-000256

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:02 PM

As TS mentioned, Apple has updated their OS to version 13.

My ATV4K didn't react either after the update. (connected to BS3 based BV9)

When I switch on the BV9 with the DVD (ATV) instruction, the screen stays blank. When I press Menu and then the green button, it also powers up the ATV. But pressing the "exit"  button twice, gives the same reaction and works a bit faster. But nevertheless, it proves that not every update will be an improvement. The same happened with tvOS 12 where it killed the passthrough feature from the installed Kodi

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

My support case #190930-000406

Karel.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
Received feedback:

“Our back-office just informed us that the issues you are experiencing with the peripheral unit control function is most likely connected to an old PUC code being used.

The correct code is "Apple Remote 4th gen from OS13" - the old PUC code does no longer work after the new OS launched, as Apple changed the on/off commands for the Apple TV. The new PUC code is already available for download.”
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Indeed it is!

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Wed, Oct 2 2019 4:58 PM

Sounds great, but: I downloaded the new OS13 Version. But same behaviour as with the 'old' version.  Still to push the green button.

Anyone successfull?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

‘downloaded’, yes - but did you also assign it to your box....instead of the old one?

MM

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:19 PM
Yes, I Did. I'm running the Apple TV behind an Atlona AT-HD4-V41 Switch. Could that be the problem? Setup should be ok. When I choose the source, the correct name of the (new) driver is shown on the TV. Everything seems to be ok. But still I have to push the green button.
ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:50 PM

The green button do nothing at all. 

My setup is a BV8 40 so I cannot download a new PUC table. So one day I need get it updated by a B&o technician. 

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
Did the update... works perfectly again.
Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Wed, Oct 2 2019 7:58 PM
Do you have a 4k box? Could that be the difference? I updated as well but nothing changed. Does switch off work?
expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 4:30 AM

Is there an upgraded puc for Beosystem 3  systems?

kuyttendaele:

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 4:30 AM

kuyttendaele:

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

Reto:
Do you have a 4k box? Could that be the difference? I updated as well but nothing changed. Does switch off work?

The AppleTV is directly connected to my BV14. It's starting up and switching off correctly.

Karel.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

expoman:

kuyttendaele:

Probably... but you'll have to contact your dealer as I don't have a BeoSystem3

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:39 AM
Thank you very much for your feedback. Are you running ATV4 (4K) or NON 4K.

Reto
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

Reto:
Thank you very much for your feedback. Are you running ATV4 (4K) or NON 4K.

Reto

Running tvOS13 on Apple TV 4K.

Karel.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:48 AM
Is there anyone successfully running the new PUC code (OS13) on a NON 4K device?
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 11:07 AM

I updated the PUC and reassigned it on my BeoSystem 4 and I'm still needing to press the green button to wake the Apple TV from sleep. I have 2 Apple TVs: the most recent non-4K Apple TV connected via an Atlona Matrix and a 4K Apple TV that connects the video directly to the TV with the sound extracted to go to the BeoSystem 4.

Does it make a difference what we select on the BeoSystem 4 for the power on/off setting? I'm using the "always on" setting for the Apple TV.

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Thu, Oct 3 2019 4:14 PM

Again we see how bad the B&O customer service has become, which is sad.

The answer from B&O customer service is: "If it is an iOS that cause issue we recommend you to contact Apple Support."

Can it be worse? The so called customer service do not even know that there is a PUC update already and probably not even know that PUC tables is a part of the B&O software. 

Now I just hope that the new PUC table can be installed manually by a technician since my TV is a BV8-40.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

ibg001:

The answer from B&O customer service is: "If it is an iOS that cause issue we recommend you to contact Apple Support."

Can it be worse? The so called customer service do not even know that there is a PUC update already and probably not even know that PUC tables is a part of the B&O software. 

Now I just hope that the new PUC table can be installed manually by a technician since my TV is a BV8-40.

The guys did update the PUC table very fast when it became clear what the reason was.

Why blame the costumer service - these guys are also BV/ATV users and maybe they did not know that it was done by the time you asked.

I see no reason why it should not be available through the manual update!

MM

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
ibg001:

sorry, but tvos13 doesn't work properly. I start apple tv via beo4 and I have to press the green button additionaly to get the apple-homescreen.

it has nothing to do with b&o and pucs.

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Fri, Oct 4 2019 5:41 PM
I admit that I always have my AppleTV turned on and I am right now just watching a movie rented on ATV.

I have an AppleTV 4 and 4K and I have not had any issues after the TVOS upgrade.

Besides the AppleTV, I mainly use Netflix, Infuse and Media8 player.

I have them connected to BV7, BV8 (both TVs are using the same AppleTV using a splitter) and Avant55 Mk1.
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
ibg001:

I don’t have an issue with B&O’s Customer Service.

The issues launch issues with my BV14 and now with the AppleTV were al solved with the correct communication.

I know companies with far worse Customer Service.

Karel.
beopaul
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Bronze Member
beopaul replied on Tue, Oct 8 2019 8:54 AM
kuyttendaele:

Probably... but you'll have to contact your dealer as I don't have a BeoSystem3

For those of us who still have dealers. My closest one is now 800 miles away.
ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 7:58 PM

I have now got a BeoVision Horizon and downloaded the new AppleTV puc table and it is working fine except one thing. 
How do I open the new control menu? On the Apple remote it is long press on the TV button. Which button on the BeoRemote One? It is not in the list menu.  

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:05 PM

Maybe somebody(s) could put together puc tool packages and rent them out with instructions and/or facetime consult. Don't think they could make a lot of money, but if it doesn't interest B&O, it could be a nice side business for someone. I would even bet there are some beoworlders who could update the codes. Just thinking...

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I just updated mine and in the device setup I chose off at tv standby

I put the tv in to standby. The ATV is still on.

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 121
Bronze Member
Frederic replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:59 PM

Aussie Michael:
I just updated mine and in the device setup I chose off at tv standby

I put the tv in to standby. The ATV is still on.

I have the same issue, ATV 4 turns back on. Why ? Tried everything (turninh HDMI- CEC off, airplay off, ,,,) something in the newer tvs must maybe sent over hdmi from time to time turning atv on. I put some heat sinks on it. D'ont care anymore

Page 1 of 2 (59 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS