Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Replace Beolink 4 to BeoRemote One -> Apple TV?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Munchen
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Munchen Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:26 AM

I have a Beovision 9 (BV9) and controlling an Apple TV via PUC. I bought a BeoRemote One BT to replace my Beolink 4.

Problem:
To control the Apple TV via Beolink 4 I use the navigation buttons (left, right, up, down) the center button of the navigation buttons and EXIT. So intuitive / easy to use.

At my BeoRemote One BT (in IR modus) the navigation buttons do not work any more for Apple TV. Instead I have to use search backward, search forward, P+, P-, Play and green dot. On one hand these buttons are confusing and from the layout it is not as convenient as the navigation buttons on the Beolink 4.

Questions:
1) Can somebody give me a hint, how to enable the navigation buttons at the BeoRemote One to steer Apple TV via PUC?
2) Any other solutions? Control Apple TV via Bluetooth (BT), possible? How?
3) Is there a solution to use BT and IR parallel on myButtons, without changing within the menu between Beo4Vision for BV9 and Bluetooth for Beosound Core?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If your BV9 has a higher sw, you might be able to choose ‘which Beo4’, you can use.

Currently it very probably will be set to the old type Beo4.

A BROne (in ir mode) behaves like a Beo4 with navi....which makes it ‘different’ tthan what you are used to.

If you (can) change the entry in the BV4 to beo4/navi, it should work.

Re:3 - No this is not possible!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Munchen
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Munchen replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 11:24 AM

Tank you very much for the fast answer.

Unfortunately my Beovision 9 / Beosystem 3 software version does not support Beo4 with navigation.

Does anybody know, if there is a software version for my Beovision 9 (Type 9720, Item 1972005) available for Beo4 with navigation?

My current software is:
06 IC3 AP SW11.37a
06 IC2 IOP SW22.00a 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

9720 will be a MK2 - which is good.

Apart from the massive power consumption, it will be a nice tv for you.

I have no access to which sw brought the ability to choose the navi remote!

You could try to send a pm to Keith Saunders - he might know.

Anyway, only a B&O technician can update the sw - so why not just ask a skilled dealer?

If you must/will have someone coming for the update, be sure that they also update the PUC table - you might need a (newer) PUC for the ATV4HD......a bluray player or an external tv box.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Munchen
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Munchen replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:52 PM

Thank you for the fast feedback.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS