Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Is Beolab 20 going to be discontinued!

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member
Tifoso48 Posted: Wed, Mar 18 2020 3:58 AM

I was told today that Beolab 20 is going to be discontinued without successor - is there any truth to that or is this a sales pitch?

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts 81
Bronze Member

I think it could be a reality. But, I think some stores may.... influence people by telling customers it's the end of life. But, I am guessing, it would be the end of the 20s sadly. I don't know for sure.

Based on Instagram or Facebook, it seems Bang & Olufsen posts almost nothing for Beolab 20. If Marketing is not so strong, there could be a possibility for discontinuation. 

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 감사합니다
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈 올림

Beosound 35, Beoplay E8 3rd Gen, and Beoplay Earset 3i.

No longer in use: Beoplay H5

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Mar 18 2020 6:58 AM

We have to admit that design-wise they are not compatible with all the latest products. They could have released a bronze+kvadrat cover edition but it's not the case...

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

The dealers I know are not selling them in great numbers, 

I had a pair my self, and was very glad for them.

But I must amid design wise the other speakers are better looking.

Though I enjoyed the raw look.

If they would discount them there will be a missing price group.

They just got a bump up in price in the new pricelist, so that do not indicate end of life.

Lets see in the current state with Corona everything and nothing can happen. 

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I guess such decisions depend on whether the costumer want them = buys them or not.

If people don’t see a use for them, because they don’t have external speakers with their tv.....they have bought the Stage and are happy with it, there is not much sense in offering such a speaker.

A lot of the potential costumers are happy with a single point speaker for listening nowaday also called  using music.

They probably won’t sell many with the tv solutions Eclipse/Harmony - these costumers will rather go for the 18’s or the 50’s, if they want external speakers at all.

It indeed is a sad evolution, but how should a company handle that.....other than ‘terminating’ speakers like the BL20’s and offering things like the Balance or the A9 or a Shape solution.

Not my personal vision, but after all I am not the one, who must survive in todays market.

Nothing official yet, but I would not be surpriced, if it will turn out to be correct.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I love the 20s it’s my favourite look. When you look at the specs though they’re not that strong compared to even a Bl17

The store said acoustically 2 18s and a 19 is way better than a pair of 20s 🤔

I listened to the 20s against BL5 when they came out and thought they sounded good.

I did read a few people has issues with theirs on this forum, unfortunately.
Moningsand
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member

The question is whether this is still a competitive product or have other competing products caught up? When the BL20 was launched, there were few other active speakers in this price range that utilized DSP technology to optimize performance.

B&W recently launched its Formation Duo with very good criticism. I didn't think it was even close to the BL20, but when B&W launches a larger model, I imagine it will be an interesting alternative.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:14 PM

Aussie Michael:
I love the 20s it’s my favourite look. When you look at the specs though they’re not that strong compared to even a Bl17

The store said acoustically 2 18s and a 19 is way better than a pair of 20s 🤔

I listened to the 20s against BL5 when they came out and thought they sounded good.

I did read a few people has issues with theirs on this forum, unfortunately.

I like the way the 20s look, but I still like the look of the 9s better. Regardless, both should win some kind of a price for the most sound out of a small package, their performance, especially for that size speaker, is amazing.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS