Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 7000 receiver connection issues to non B&O turntable, + 2 more issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael
Not Ranked
Austin, Tx. USA
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Michael Posted: Sat, Mar 21 2020 3:11 AM

Let me preface this question and issue stating that I am well aware that in general B&O components typically only like to link with other B&O components and while this may be one of those times, i just wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations or work arounds. Here's the situation:

Equipment:

Beomaster 7000 receiver

Klipshch KG4 speakers

Technics SL1200 Mk2

very robust B&O style (?#) pin - RCA adapter cable w/ground wire

The result: 1) When trying to play the record the volume is very very low, and does get slightly louder when the receiver volume is turned all the way to 80, which is full volume, but clearly there is something not correct. It almost sounds like the phono preamp isn't delivering it's required signal to the main amp. Any ideas?

I use a very similar cable adapter to an external bluetooth receiver so I can stream from my phone and while not analogue it does play at an expected volume level.

2) Can anyone tell me how to adjust the balance on this unit? There's clearly a bias to the left speaker but the 7000 doesn't appear to have the flip out front panel like the 5000 has, and the Beolink 1000 remote doesn't appear to have a balance control, or does it?

3) This system also came with a Beogram CD player but even at a very modest volume it will routinely shut the whole system down about the 4th or 5th song. The factory plug and cable appears to be sensitive, could it be shorting out? Sending the receiver into safe shut down mode? Any fixes for that?

Thanks much yall and stay healthy,

Michael E.

Austin, Tx

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sat, Mar 21 2020 4:11 AM

#1: Normal: The Technics SL1200 Mk2 does not have a built-in phono preamp.  Neither does the Beomaster 7000!  (Because the Beogram 7000 did.)  Buy one.  (*Either* one, I suppose: an RIAA phono preamp *OR* a Beogram 7000! Big Smile)

#2: Abnormal, unless previously stored that way?  The balance adjustment from the Beolink 1000 is straightforward (if obscure): Press SOUND once for balance, then use << and >> buttons to shift it.  (Pressing SOUND twice adjusts the bass, 3 times is treble, 4 is Loudness on/off.)  If your BM7000 has been intentionally balanced to one side, after you get it adjusted to your liking, press SOUND STORE STORE to save the current settings.

#3, and whatever "idle bias" output transistor repairs might be affecting the amp if #2 doesn't work, are both beyond my ken, sorry.

Michael
Not Ranked
Austin, Tx. USA
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Mar 21 2020 6:12 PM

Thank you for you answers. I would indeed like to buy a Beogram 7000 turntable, and I understand there are different B&O cartridges used, is there one that stands out as a superior one? Thx

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS