Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000 blocks in the middle

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member
hamacbleu Posted: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:54 PM

The carriage of my beogram 8000 was blocked when getting at about the middle of a record, using the fast forward function. I hate the sound of the motor that tries to get over it!!! I opened it to investigate, looked everywhere under the carriage,  found nothing, tested, everything was working fine... so I thought that it has resolved by itself. Closed averything... same problem!!! Reopened everything...

The culprit was a plastic sticker under the cover (which, when put into servicing position is completely vertical) right behind this plastic wall: 

That plastic sticker, which was completely detached, seems to protect some connectors right below it, so I reglued it back were it was. Everything's fine now.

Thought I would share my experience with you, I don't know if its a common problem but if your carriage seems to block, don't forget to look also under the top cover...

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

You're having a hard time lately, isn't it? Smile

Thanks for sharing. Normally I use air pressure to remove the dust inside and then also the stickers become loose.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:06 PM

If you found a clear sheet about 1 inch wide and 1½inch high, that "plastic sticker" is a teflon piece that sits, glued,
vertically to the inside of the lid spring housing, right where the arrow points in your photo.
It serves as a friction provider for the dustcover spring mechanism.
It's not uncommon to see this sheet losening from its glued position, falling down onto the threaded shaft, more or less
blocking the carriage movement.

It's not a protection sheet and should not be glued over connectors.

Martin

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member

No, I glued it back where it was, were the arrow indicates it, a part of it was still attached so I knew were it was coming from. I thought of removing it entirely but since I didn't knew it's purpose, I thought it was best to leave it there... Thanks for the precision of it's function...

To Beobuddy: times are indeed hard and it's becoming an obsession trying to solve everything... I may have blown my Beomaster 8000 but at least I saved the gram... and a Beomaster 2400... But my beomaster 8000 has blown... Broken Heart

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:12 AM

Guillaume, you WILL get back to your Beomaster 8000 I'm sure! What you have experienced is all too familiar to me! You haven't yet reached the top of the learning curve... Just let it like that. When you are ready to complete your repair, you'll know. Just don't ditch it or scavenge it for parts!

Well done on the Beogram!

Jacques

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member

Thanks Jacques for your kind support and advice:  this is exactly what I'll do... The machine is still nice to look at though and stands actually right were it was before. I've put the 2400 in place of the beocord... the illusion is perfect...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS