Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang and Olufsen Avant 32" CRT TV!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

mbrodwolf
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
mbrodwolf Posted: Wed, May 6 2020 5:00 PM

Huge B&O Lover and new to the forum! Need some expertly advise. I've found one of these locally and im dying to grab it. Is there ANYWAY of operating it without the remote? A universal remote? Controls on the TV itself? All I want to do is be able to turn on, turn off, control volume, and select inputs until I can obtain a Beo4 remote.

Please help! I'm going to grab it regardless but I'm curious if it's going to be sitting until I can obtain the proper remote for it. Thanks guys!

Michael

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, May 7 2020 12:41 AM
If it is like my 32” Avant, there are buttons on the back of the display at the top right of the screen.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Thu, May 7 2020 3:20 AM

The manuals are still available here (if you upgrade membership) and for free on the B&O site. https://bang-olufsen.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041950091

It explains how to use the buttons on the right top of the TV to turn on, connect a DVD player, and cycle through the different sources. You will want a Beo4 remote though, which can be used with almost any B&O unit. To state the obvious, you will not be able to directly receive over the air broadcast because it does not have an ATSC tuner. There are aftermarket ATSC tuners that you can connect up. Best current choice for playing DVDs, Bluray, and streaming is a Playstation 3, because you can get compatible connectors for the Avant. 

The central electronics unit on these often go bad (it is a large black box that has all the jacks on it). Fortunately, that box is identical to the box inside a Beosystem 1, which can be had cheaply. It isn't all that difficult to swap. There are high voltages outside that unit connected to the CRT, so stay away from those. 

Good luck. 

-Gregg

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS