Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 sans RIAA pre-amplifier

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Duncan Jones
Not Ranked
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 16
Gold Member
Duncan Jones Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:48 PM

Has anyone got a recommendation for a suitable RIAA amplifier or shouldn't I bother....??

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

It will depend on what you will be connecting it to??

If your amplifier has a phono input then you won't need a stand alone RIAA as you already have one in the amp.

If you are connecting to one of the more modern B&O systems then you will need a stand alone pre-amp.

I use one from www.phonopreamps.com as they do models with slightly higher output which is handy for compensating for the low output from B&O MMC cartridges.

You could buy one from www.soundsheavenly.co.uk  Their kit is cheaper but you will have to wind the volume up on your amp to achieve suitable sound level from the system. This, in tests of several of the low cost sytems, led to unacceptable levels of hum, for my taste.

Regards Graham

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 1:24 PM

I use the one from phonopreamps.com that has a DIN input and variable gain for a Beogram 3000 with an MMC2. Very happy with it, I think it was a 570 model, the ability to gain match with the other sources makes the table so much more useful. Sonically can't find anyting to complain about, in fact I've never heard my Beogram sound this good before.

The company also supports all countries voltages, they send a power supply with the right power plug for the country too! Very happy with their products and service.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

As Graham I'm using one from Phonopreamps, but there is one here, that can be build into the BG.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS