Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 with Beoremote One BT doesn`get it to work

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds Posted: Sat, Jun 13 2020 12:55 PM

Hello Beoworld forum,

I got a B&O Shape last year, remotely controlled first with Essence,  then "updated" to Bioremote One BT, especialy (my wifes;) wish was a direct access to TuneIn radio stations etc. =all perfectly, but learned that it should work also to contral my BeoSound 9000 with IR settings!

BS9000 to Core connection done via LineIn to play BeoSound 9000 music (i.E. CD´s) using the earphone, (headphone?) output, all good using Beo4 remote control.

BUT I can`t get the BeoRemote One IR funktionality set to control the BS9000,

What do I need to select exactly under LIST is it Beo4 AUDIO and also dont get to V.OPT, A.OPT., L.OPt.....?

any help is very appreciated, Thank you.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 10:51 AM

I think I see your problem. The BeoSound 9000 will not accept IR signals unless it senses beolab speakers connected via powerlink. There is a work-around, though. You can trick the BeoSound 9000 into thinking that speakers are connected by using a special powerlink adapter plug. It's available from Sounds Heavenly here: https://soundsheavenly.com/search?controller=search&s=beosound+9000

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 11:50 AM

I`d also thought it`s an A.OPT 0 issue, but when it works with Beo4 it should also work with BRone.

So I`d set the Beoremote to Beo4 Audio, now select CD in the Music list - if your BS9000 does not start, set BS9000 to A.OPT 1.

see BRone manual how this works. BS9000 stdby light should blink one time. Now try agaion selecting CD.

And I wouldn´t use BS9000 headphone output for connection with BS Core Line in, A.AUX output is a better choice, because it`s a fixed line level output, and you can do volume level control for all sources via your Core.

To get a `special`Powerlink adapter you just need a normal 5, 7 or 8 pin DIN plug and shortcircuit (combine) PIN 2 and PIN 4.

Stefan

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:16 PM

Thank you for the quick responses,

my guess is that I´m one step behind your suggestions, it`s not that the BS9000 doesn`t answer, I can`t set the Remote to any other device, rather than to Shape!

I`m back home on Wednesday, and will try Stefan`s setup suggestions, by the way, the BS9000 does work fine !?

What I do like is the idea from Stefan to change from headphone to AUX, I simply used the headphone output, as it was so easy using the cable...

Thanks again, and will let you know more ASAP.

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:16 PM

Thank you for the quick responses,

my guess is that I´m one step behind your suggestions, it`s not that the BS9000 doesn`t answer, I can`t set the Remote to any other device, rather than to Shape!

I`m back home on Wednesday, and will try Stefan`s setup suggestions, by the way, the BS9000 does work fine !?

What I do like is the idea from Stefan to change from headphone to AUX, I simply used the headphone output, as it was so easy using the cable...

Thanks again, and will let you know more ASAP.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hope you get the setting of the BROne sorted - I am sure you won’t find it too hard, once you’ve figured it out.

As for the connection 9000 -> Core, you could take it one step further.

Assuming that you only use the 9000 for CD listening, you could use the digital output into the Core (a coax to optical converter is needed).

That output is fixed - volume controlling is done as with the sources of the Core. No fiddling with double volume control.

This would give you the optimal sound quality due to a lower noice floor level.
Whether you will notice any difference in normal listening situations to the way stefan proposes, however can be questioned/discussed.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Wed, Jun 17 2020 11:05 PM

Bingo,

after a view more unsuccsesful trials, I did a BRone RESET,

then I re-started from scratch, first the BS9000 setup, and BINGO, the IR control is working all right, secondly I did the pairing to Shape, and now it`s ALL GOOD. 

Yes - thumbs up

Now I would like know and understand the output difference between the headphone and AUX, is it only the fixed volume, or is it also a quality difference ?

Thank you so much for your support, and Cheers for now.

Lets have a Party !!!

Lothar

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Sun, Jun 21 2020 12:31 PM

AngryUnsure Hello again, next day the BS9000 setting are gone,? how can it be, was it that I didn`t deleted the BRone with the previosly settings, and reconnected (did again the pairing) to the Shape AFTER the IR settings where tested?

Thanks again in advance, Cheers

Lothar

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS