Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bad experience with the BLI and the BL App

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Lapet
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Lapet Posted: Sun, Jul 26 2020 4:03 PM

Hi all, 

does someone like to share the experience with the BLI? I have a BLI in use, but in the moment I am very disappointed. I don't get  reconnected the BLI to my BV Eclipse and the BV Horizon.

I never get any feedback from the support and the promise update for Adriod phone didn't happen. 

So, I am thinking about to change my setup to a better solution. Do you have good experience with a alternative?

Thank you! 

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Lapet,

Are you having problems to control the TVs from the BeoLiving App? Please, email us to support+c9132@khimo.com, and we will help you.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Fri, Oct 2 2020 6:21 PM

Have been using BLI and its App for almost a year, replacing MLGW-BeoLink/BeoLink2 Apps, and must say that I have mixed feelings. I more and more think that BLI is/will be a great product for VERY recent B&O audio devices and home automation of non-B&O products. Looking at all the questions/discussion in the Forum about driver integration, macro programming... all unrelated to B&O!

If you use ML-based devices (audio and TV), BLGW and V1 or Horizon TVs BLI is a downgrade. There is poor integration of ML devices with features missing compared to MLGW/BLGW: no favorite channels, no NAS/BM5 browse possibility, no Deezer/Tunein control, no custom commands of third party devices (such as decoders), TV products displayed as audio devices !

BLI has certainly potential, but today not for B&O integration (except with very recent products). I hope Khimo will prove I'm wrong.

I think at some time B&O had to take a strategic decision: (1) further improve/update BLGW and BeoLink2 or (2) start from scratch and outsource everything. As a long-time B&O fan and user I would have liked they went with (1)...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS