Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Control of AppleTV

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2020 4:45 PM
Has Apple changed anything with respect to controlling AppleTV with B&O remotes.

Have 2 spare 3rd Gen Apple TVs that I have been using in the past without any problem.

Wanted to use them on a BV7-55 and V1-40. Nice picture, but no control anymore with the B&O remotes.

First thing was to control the IR cable. Tried 5 or 6 that work to control other devices. None worked with the AppleTVs.

Did I miss anything obvious?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

At least with the V1 it should not be a problem to download the right PUC codes to the tv and assign them to the input, where the ATV is connected.

That works fine with my V1 - now using the codes for rhe 4th gen and previously those for the 3rd.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Sat, Aug 1 2020 7:29 PM
Tried different versions of the Apple TV remote PUC on V1 and BV 7-55/40. Doesn’t work.

It works only with the newer generation Apple TV.

I can only imagine that there was a version update of the Apple TV older generation. Current version is 8.4.4 (12H885)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I could make a test with one of my old 3rd gen ATV’ (now laying in the cupboard), once I am back from vacation....if not anyone else has a solution/explanation.

A friend of mine still uses his old ATV on a BV7-40....haven’t heard him complain.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:12 PM
I’m curious about the version of this older ATV. Maybe they were not updated with the latest firmware.
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Perhaps try unpairing the Apple Remote. If there is one paired only that can control the ATV. 

From Apple TV Menu

• Ensure the remote is close and pointed at the Apple TV.
  • Select “Settings” > “General” > “Remotes” > “Unpair Apple Remote“.

From Remote

White and Gray Remotes

• Press and hold “Menu” and “Left” for about 6 seconds.

Black 4th Gen/4K Remote (You can only unpair via the settings menu)

• Press and hold “Menu” and “Volume Up/+” buttons for about 3 seconds. If prompted, place the remote on top of the Apple TV. A message should appear on the screen indicating the remote is reconnected. (Then unpair from ATV Menu)

Stoobie 

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Aug 4 2020 8:09 AM
Thanks for the advice! Will do and see if it solves the issue.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS