Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting Beo4 Remote Control with BeoMaster 4500

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

alidel
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
alidel Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:02 AM

Hello! 

Just joined the Beoworld Forum.

I just bought a newer B&O Beo4 remote control from a third party and it is slightly different than my older version with the buttons it has like Media, Aircon, Wakeup. It does not have the LIST button. Does anyone have this particular version of the Beo4 Remote control? And can you please tell me how to connect/link it to my BeoMaster 4500, which I love! I need to be able to at least use it to control the volume and the CD deck.

Thanks!!

Windel

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 321
Gold Member
madskp replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:34 AM
Sounds like you got the hotel version which has more limited functionality than a regular BEO4. Guess you will not have much luck using it with the 4500 system
alidel
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
alidel replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:47 AM

It does have all the same functionality as I can bring up the config and other functions where  pressing lists and power also brings them up. I would just like to know how to link up the remote the Beomaster4500.

Thanks! 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:38 AM

Perhaps the BM4500 is in A.OPT 0, where it will not respond to IR commands.

To resolve this:

Turn the BM4500 to standby/off.

You then need to get your Beo4 to the mode where OPTION is shown on the screen, although I am not sure how you do this with your hotel version.  However, if you do get OPTION showing, press GO (centre button), whereupon the screen should say V.OPT.  Press the down arrow until the screen shows A.OPT, and then press the number 2.

If that was the problem, the remote should now work.

(This all assumes that the Beo4 is actually working - have you checked the IR transmitters are glowing with a digital camera?)

alidel
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
alidel replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:46 AM

Wow! Thank you Guy!! I followed your instructions and it worked.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:53 AM

^ Great news - thanks for letting us know!  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS