Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to connect...

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Gideon
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Gideon Posted: Sun, Oct 4 2020 5:08 PM

Hello B&O friends,

This week I bought a used Beovision10 40# (type 9570/2010) and want to connect it to our BeoLab6000 speakers (type 6821/1999) together with our BeoCenter 2300 (type 2616/1999) 

We bought the set in 1999 together with a Beovision Avant 32# (type 8400) so we swopped the tv.

It was then connected with a blackbox from B&O of which I don't have a name/number

Unfortunately I don't know how to connect it; using the Beo4 and/or using your iPhone?

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions! 

Kind regards,

Gideon

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Mon, Oct 5 2020 8:48 AM
You need only the Beo4 remote.

I think the blackbox is the Beolink Converter 1611.

This connects the Masterlink of the Beovision to the Datalink of the Beocenter.

The TV needs to be set to Option 2 the Beocenter to Option 0

(Assuming the speakers are connected to the TV and the Beocenter is in the same room. )

Tim
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Since the connections are the same, it most obviously is a matter of options settings....like ngnear wrote.

If unchanged, the Beocenter will still be in Option 0.

If you don’t know how to set the BV into Option 2, please ask again.

In any case you’ll need the Beo4 - do you have that, which version - and can you control the BV wirh that?

Once you have it set up, you will have a fine classic B&O set to enjoy :-)

P.S. As ngnear wrote ‘assuming that the speakers are connected to the BV.....which is what most people would suggest (although other solutions are possible).

N.B. Adding an AppleTV/HD or a Chromecast dongle (via the HDMI port of the BV) will give you additional possibilities.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Mon, Oct 5 2020 9:54 AM
I started off with the same setup.

Beocenter2300 + Beolab 6000

Then added an Avant 28RF.

Then a Beosound 3000 + Beolab 4000

Then an Avant 55

Then a Beolab 3500

Then an Essence MK2

Then an M5

All still in good use today.

Only the telephones have been put to rest.
Gideon
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Gideon replied on Tue, Oct 6 2020 12:59 PM

Hello Millemissen,

Thanks for your help! Correction: yes I do have the Beolink converter 1611 I have now connected the Beocenter 2300 with the Beovision10 (I do have the 8000 speakers of 1999, it was miswritten on the buying note) and when choosing CD on the Beo4 the speakers are automatically working via the BV10

The connected AppleTV works fine as well however I don't know if you can avoid using the remote of AppleTV and use the Beo4?

Since I started with the setup in 1999 with the Avant, 2300 and 8000 I have the first Beo4; recently I bought another Beo4 for using the Avant at work as a speaker!

Now I bought that beautiful BV10 I got another Beo4 (with joystick of which the rubber is gone) Can I upload a picture so you see which Beo4 I have?

And if you could further instruct how to set up the right Beo4 to use.

I hope I am clear enough...

Many thanks and greetings,

Gideon/The Netherlands

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Fine....you’re almost there.

No need to upload a picture of the Beo4 - you wrote what I wanted to know.

Personally I prefer the joystick version of the Beo4 - however, many hate it.

If that works well, it seems that the BV10 is set up for being controlled with it.....or the Beo4 is set to work like the former Beo4?

Question - do you use the joystick for navigating in the menus of the tv or do you use the arrows (up/down, left/right?

It is possible to use the Beo4 for the ATV - however, you will need a PUC (sort of a ir-code translater) in the tv and you need to connect a PUC cable from the tv to the ATV.

If you are lucky, these codes are already in the kist of the tv. Otherweise they have to be loaded by a B&O tech (which is costy).

You can find information on PUC controlling in the User aGuide of the BV10.

Or ask again - if you have a specific question.

P.S Should you not already know it....you can use the ATV without the screen turning on (when you airplay music), if you send the AV command before the actual choosen command (could be V.Mem) on the Beo4.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS