Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

RJ9 pinout for Beocom 2000 handset

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

oberli
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
oberli Posted: Thu, Oct 15 2020 10:41 PM

I have been using my Beocom 2000 for many years. Have used a third-party headset with a switch to alter between the original handset and the headset. Had to get a new headset, and it seems like the pinout of the RJ9 connector of the new headset is not compatible with the Beocom. To make this work, it would be great if someone could provide the correct pinout of the RJ9 connector on the Beocom 2000. Thanks!!

-O

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Oct 16 2020 10:20 AM

I have had a quick look and there are very few Beocom service manuals on the site, so am unable to help.

Your best bet may be simply trial and error - you could use a low voltage battery and do some comparisons with the handset (eg should hear a click when 1.5v battery connected across speaker).

Good luck!

oberli
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
oberli replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:59 AM

Hi Guy.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, guess that this may be the only available way to sort it out. Have a lifetime experience in electronics, so doing some trial and error work is well within reach. Have tried to find other headsets for the Beocom, but with no luck.

Thanks again!

-O

oberli
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
oberli replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 10:47 PM

Hi again.

I have just done some testing of the mentioned headset (Nedis Portable Headset). Easy to identify the earphone and the microphone wires. When connecting it to the phone, however, it just started beeping (acoustic feedback of some kind, I guess).

Also found the headset quite uncomfortable, so it ended in the garbage bin.....

The final solution to talk and listen handsfree was, fortunately quite near - just press the speaker button on the phone <G>

-O

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS