Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Qobuz coming to B&O?

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

RichardIII
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
RichardIII Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2020 9:00 AM

Finally the new Qobuz subscriptions are now available in the Netherlands. Full hi-res for a very nice price if you choose a yearly subscription. This was what I was waiting for personally. So now, for the first time in my life CoolI have a streaming subscription. I use Qobuz trough Roon, connected to a pre amp and then to my beolabs. Wonderful!

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 7 2020 12:33 PM

RichardIII:
Finally the new Qobuz subscriptions are now available in the Netherlands. Full hi-res for a very nice price if you choose a yearly subscription. This was what I was waiting for personally. So now, for the first time in my life CoolI have a streaming subscription. I use Qobuz trough Roon, connected to a pre amp and then to my beolabs. Wonderful!
Interesting indeed!

And B&o is now listed as "Our partners" on the Qobuz site...........

RichardIII
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member

I hadn’t noticed that yet. That would be awesome. My next purchase will be a beosound 1 and Qobuz integration would really nail it for me. 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 7 2020 5:34 PM

RichardIII:
I hadn’t noticed that yet. That would be awesome. My next purchase will be a beosound 1 and Qobuz integration would really nail it for me.
For sure I then would try Qobuz for a year.

RichardIII
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member

Carolpa:

And B&o is now listed as "Our partners" on the Qobuz site...........

How to interpret this?

Is B&O soon going to integrate Qobuz, or do they just mean streaming by airplay/chromecast by this?

What do you think?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 7 2020 6:26 PM

Airplay can't handle HiRes above 48kHz. Chromecast can; up to 24bit 96kHz

But I interpreted "the integrated" remark as an upcoming addition.

And I hope B&o will.........

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sat, Nov 7 2020 9:18 PM

+1 for native support of Qobuz (and TIDAL).

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Nov 8 2020 6:15 AM

This Qobuz says about "integration". So it seems the conclusion should be: Qobuz is coming to B&o

VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Bronze Member
VANTAGE replied on Sun, Nov 8 2020 10:15 AM

That would be awesome 😊

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sun, Nov 8 2020 1:00 PM

We’ve been asking for this and native TIDAL integration for months! Crossing my fingers they’ve listened to us. 

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Nov 8 2020 5:18 PM

RichardIII:
This was what I was waiting for personally. So now, for the first time in my life CoolI have a streaming subscription. I use Qobuz trough Roon, connected to a pre amp and then to my beolabs. Wonderful!
How to try Qobuz on B&o (setup)

1. Take a 30 day free streaming plan.

2. Take a 30 day free Audirvana licence

3. Install Audirvana on a PC/Mac and the remote on your Mobile/Tablet (PC/Mac, Remote, B&o renderers in the same network)

4. Log in to Qobuz in Audirvana (note: confirm your Qobuz plan -mail)

5. Choose one of your NL devices as output 

6. Start a HD album/track in the app/remote app. The choosen NL devices is going to (DLNA) play this music.

7. JOIN other B&o players in your network 

This way Tidal can also be tested

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 3:04 AM

Or... B&O can do the reasonable, sensible thing and include native support for these services in their app and devices like the majority of their competitions do. :)

(I don’t mean to sound dismissive of your note, Carolpa. I’m not at all—it’s neat you figured this out. But this feels like a 10-step workaround hack to me. It should just be native and easy, IMHO.)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 4:54 AM

Curly:
(I don’t mean to sound dismissive of your note, Carolpa. I’m not at all—it’s neat you figured this out. But this feels like a 10-step workaround hack to me. It should just be native and easy, IMHO.)
It is a one time setup. Then, everytime you want to use it,  it is more or less simular to Spotify Connect.

You simply go to the Audirvana app, start the Track/Album you want to listen to. The B&o device setup in Audirvana is going to start with the selected music. Then you can Multiroom this music in the B&o app by JOIN. 

Simple as that! It is native and easy, IMHO (but for sure I would prefer an integration with the B&o app also)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 8:03 AM

And all tag info are visible in the Beoliving app (1st pic) and the B&o app (2nd pic)

And on the Halo and on the Moment and on the BS35

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

How about gapless playback?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 9:18 AM

Millemissen:

MM

GaplessYes - thumbs up

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:12 AM

RichardIII:
How to interpret this?

IMHO it is just a "Hi-Res compatibility" thing for now. In their magazine they refer to B&O as being Googlecast compatible so could support Qobuz Hi-Res up to Googlecast limitations, that's it.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:16 AM

mbolo01:
B&O as being Googlecast compatible so could support Qobuz Hi-Res up to Googlecast limitations, that's it.
That I missed, so if no Qobuz addition, than I prefer the the Audirvana solution for sure

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Carolpa:

Millemissen:

MM

GaplessYes - thumbs up

Gapless playback over DLNA, yes?

MM

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Nov 9 2020 1:17 PM

Millemissen:
Carolpa:
Millemissen:
How about gapless playback?MM
GaplessYes - thumbs up

MM

this morning I tested some live recordings, they were/sounded gapless. Now I tried DSOTM, I would call this gapless. If you are extremely critical one must say there is a small transition between some songs, but I never heard the streaming transition of DSOTM that good!

I wonder is it because how the music files were cut, or because of the change from one to the other streaming file. I would say the first.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Carolpa:

Millemissen:
Carolpa:
Millemissen:
How about gapless playback?MM
GaplessYes - thumbs up

MM

this morning I tested some live recordings, they were/sounded gapless. Now I tried DSOTM, I would call this gapless. If you are extremely critical one must say there is a small transition between some songs, but I never heard the streaming transition of DSOTM that good!

I wonder is it because how the music files were cut, or because of the change from one to the other streaming file. I would say the first.

Interesting - I guess it has something to do with how Audirvana fetches the music from the Qubuz streaming server. Might have something to do with buffering in Audirvana.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS